Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

void

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
For the most part, I dislike the site a lot as well. I got ripped off on my first deal (they only give you like 10 days protection) and I received the wrong card in the second deal.

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
Last thing I bought on there was a 96-97 Finest Gold Refractor Jordan for $100..Turned out to be a regular finest gold, and had to get my money back.

Before that I found a 2003-04 SPGU Patch/Auto Kobe Bryant for $150 and flipped it for $310
Before that a Takeit2.net Jordan for $60 that I got graded a 9.5 and sold for $200 or $250, don't remember the exact amount.

A couple years back there was a Jordan Classic 61 that I wanted desperately for my Jordan collection. I literally kept in contact with the seller for almost 2 years trying to work out a deal. We finally agreed on a price of $550. I paid for it only to get a refund saying he wanted more money. It's still listed on the site for $2323 ::facepalm::

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
cjb9421 said:
cgilmo said:
COMC ftw

seller can't cancel

Whats that mean?

sorry, I was vague

Http://www.checkoutmycards.com

It's a service that some sellers use. The seller ships the card to COMC, they list it and ship it when you buy. Because the inventory isn't in the sellers hand, the seller has to fill your order. What you checkout with, is what you get.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
comc is great! No worrying about flaky sellers; all the cards on the site are housed by the site administrators. When you want to have your cards shipped to you, comc packages and ships the cards quickly and securely. Love that site!

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
sportsbuy just plain SUCKS!! 50% of my buys i got screwed!!! 10 bad deals out of 20. at a loss of $300! here is the worse one! i bought 2 Juan cards for $70 each from a seller in Nova Scotia a 1998 E-X2001 Essential Credentials Now #5 Juan Gonzalez (5) and a
2000 E-X Essential Credentials Now #6 Juan Gonzalez (6)
$70 each! i was so excited i bought them right away. ( i should have asked for a scan)
they were just listed! i paid right away with paypal! i got the cards 2 week later.guess what they were the reg.cards! i was about to go POSTAL! i was told by paypal and sportsbuy to send them back with delivery confirmation with a signature.take a guess on how much that cost?? the cheapest was Fedex $120. buy the way there is only ONE guy at sportsbuy to handle all the returns.it took me weeks to get a HUMAN VOICE on the phone! i was called a lier by the seller that he sent the correct cards i sent a scan of the package the cards still in the taped top loads and sent them to sportsbuy they still wanted me to send them back to the seller.i told them how much it would cost,and BOTH paypal and sports buy said it was their (F___ED UP) POLICY!!!!! the seller and i went back and forth with sportsbuy, with the seller still calling me a lier. when i told the seller and sportsbuy by i would have the cards dusted for finger prints the seller was not heard from again!!!! this was 2 more months later i ask why the seller never responded.sportsbuy told me they did not release the funds to him and i still had to send them back. i called the guy on the phone a worse thief than the seller. i will never ever deal with these scums bags again! do you ever notice 98% of the cards have NO SCAN!

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I gave up on Naxcom / Sportsbuy years ago. It's amazing to me that they are still in business.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The quickest way to turn a bad site into a garbage site is to scour it for *deals* that you can flip. I get the feeling that most people on that site simply list their entire inventory all at once and then never pay attention to it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
pigskincardboard said:
The quickest way to turn a bad site into a garbage site is to scour it for *deals* that you can flip. I get the feeling that most people on that site simply list their entire inventory all at once and then never pay attention to it.

Well honestly that's not your fault that the sellers are lazy and don't pay attention. If you have a card listed with a set price on a live buy/sell site, you should know that you may have to monitor your listings and possibly adjust for market changes.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
pigskincardboard said:

Well honestly that's not your fault that the sellers are lazy and don't pay attention. If you have a card listed with a set price on a live buy/sell site, you should know that you may have to monitor your listings and possibly adjust for market changes.

Yah, I totally agree. I'm just saying that if you're going to cherry pick listings, especially if the card is well below market value, you should probably bank on a good chunk of listings never showing up when the seller realizes what the cards are actually selling for.

On a site like that, I'm sure a lot of people see no revenue and just give up on it. So in the end, you're probably buying cards that aren't even in his possession anymore.

When I did sportsbuy to fill some needs, each and every order was filled. Probably because I was just buying junk cards to fill needs.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
pigskincardboard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
pigskincardboard said:

Yah, I totally agree. I'm just saying that if you're going to cherry pick listings, especially if the card is well below market value, you should probably bank on a good chunk of listings never showing up when the seller realizes what the cards are actually selling for.

On a site like that, I'm sure a lot of people see no revenue and just give up on it. So in the end, you're probably buying cards that aren't even in his possession anymore.

When I did sportsbuy to fill some needs, each and every order was filled. Probably because I was just buying junk cards to fill needs.

Yeah I've only bought there a few times but I didn't have any problems either time.

Kinda sucks that they have the option to cancel listings once a purchase has been made though.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
nosterbor said:
sportsbuy just plain SUCKS!! 50% of my buys i got screwed!!! 10 bad deals out of 20. at a loss of $300! here is the worse one! i bought 2 Juan cards for $70 each from a seller in Nova Scotia a 1998 E-X2001 Essential Credentials Now #5 Juan Gonzalez (5) and a
2000 E-X Essential Credentials Now #6 Juan Gonzalez (6)
$70 each! i was so excited i bought them right away. ( i should have asked for a scan)
they were just listed! i paid right away with paypal! i got the cards 2 week later.guess what they were the reg.cards! i was about to go POSTAL! i was told by paypal and sportsbuy to send them back with delivery confirmation with a signature.take a guess on how much that cost?? the cheapest was Fedex $120. buy the way there is only ONE guy at sportsbuy to handle all the returns.it took me weeks to get a HUMAN VOICE on the phone! i was called a lier by the seller that he sent the correct cards i sent a scan of the package the cards still in the taped top loads and sent them to sportsbuy they still wanted me to send them back to the seller.i told them how much it would cost,and BOTH paypal and sports buy said it was their (F___ED UP) POLICY!!!!! the seller and i went back and forth with sportsbuy, with the seller still calling me a lier. when i told the seller and sportsbuy by i would have the cards dusted for finger prints the seller was not heard from again!!!! this was 2 more months later i ask why the seller never responded.sportsbuy told me they did not release the funds to him and i still had to send them back. i called the guy on the phone a worse thief than the seller. i will never ever deal with these scums bags again! do you ever notice 98% of the cards have NO SCAN!
we know we read the topic then the topic you made directing us to that topic with word for word what you typed here. And dont your spell check go bonkers on you?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":usby43iu]
pigskincardboard said:

Yeah I've only bought there a few times but I didn't have any problems either time.

Kinda sucks that they have the option to cancel listings once a purchase has been made though.[/quote:usby43iu]

Hah. I'd actually prefer that over the dude just not sending the card, lying to me, and then having to file a claim.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I have had two deals go through okay on Naxcom, but they were both for cards from the 70's that had little value to anyone but me.

Surprisingly, I have never had a bad deal on Beckett Marketplace; each one has gone super smoothly.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
pigskincardboard said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
pigskincardboard said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":cr53c6nd]
pigskincardboard said:

Kinda sucks that they have the option to cancel listings once a purchase has been made though.

Hah. I'd actually prefer that over the dude just not sending the card, lying to me, and then having to file a claim.[/quote:cr53c6nd]

I would too, but it's kind of like a guy on eBay listing a BIN for 30 days at a price that would never get hit in a million years.....then the player throws a perfect game and the BIN gets hit, but he decides he doesn't want to complete the transaction because he can relist for more money so he just refunds you.

How is that ok? And why would you be pissed anyway if you were the seller? Sure you could have made a little bit more money, but your card sold when it otherwise would not have.

Members online

No members online now.