Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A-Rodddddd!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
mlbfan10 said:
I've heard on ESPN A-Rod won't get into the hall because of admitted steroid use. I think he will most definitely get in. What do you guys think?

Not really sure at this point. A-Rod still has seven years on his Contract. So lets say he retires after that. Then you have to add another five years before he gets on the ballot. That is 12 years. It is hard to tell how writers will feel then and if it benefits him that he admitted it so early in his career.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
mlbfan10 said:
I've heard on ESPN A-Rod won't get into the hall because of admitted steroid use. I think he will most definitely get in. What do you guys think?

I think he has a better chance then most of the other suspected juicers just because he was honest and admitted to his usage. Glad to see him get back on track tonight :)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
sdsportsfan1214 said:
mlbfan10 said:

I think he has a better chance then most of the other suspected juicers just because he was honest and admitted to his usage. Glad to see him get back on track tonight :)
So if they had borderline numbers if they admitted they will have a higher chance of getting in than someone with better numbers but didn't publicly admit it? Hmm ;) All this is interesting.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
darocker80 said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
mlbfan10 said:

So if they had borderline numbers if they admitted they will have a higher chance of getting in than someone with better numbers but didn't publicly admit it? Hmm ;) All this is interesting.

Honesty goes a long way aslong as the player has HOF caliber numbers imo

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
He's the kind of player that you can never give up on no matter what kind of season he's having or slump he might be going through.

Yeah, people say he is having a down year. Well, besides hitting .268 he almost has 100 RBIs and its August 14th!

Jul 30, 2009
Bonds, Palmeiro, Clemens and Alex all deserve to go in.

As for Sosa and Mac, my vote is a no because I think roids had so much to do with their numbers in total than the above guys. In other words, if they didnt juice, they would NOT have "HOF numbers."

If I remember correctly, Alex averaged 11 HRs more per season during his juicing years (33 total HR's) and even if you take those away, hes still a lock HOF'er right now.

Bonds was a HOF'er before his HR brigade and not too many people have 3000 hits and 500 hrs like Palmeiro. Juice or not, pretty damn impressive.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Canocollector#1 said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2lkydndo]He's the kind of player that you can never give up on no matter what kind of season he's having or slump he might be going through.

Yeah, people say he is having a down year. Well, besides hitting .268 he almost has 100 RBIs and its August 14th![/quote:2lkydndo]

ARod and Pujols basically aren't allowed to be humans. If they don't hit .315/40/140 everyone is scrambling to figure out what's wrong with them.

I don't really get that. Just because a guy is a perennial monster means that he isn't allowed to have a single year where he doesn't set a new career high in every offensive category?

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="Canocollector#1":3r7qetf6][quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":3r7qetf6]He's the kind of player that you can never give up on no matter what kind of season he's having or slump he might be going through.

Yeah, people say he is having a down year. Well, besides hitting .268 he almost has 100 RBIs and its August 14th![/quote:3r7qetf6]

ARod and Pujols basically aren't allowed to be humans. If they don't hit .315/40/140 everyone is scrambling to figure out what's wrong with them.

I don't really get that. Just because a guy is a perennial monster means that he isn't allowed to have a single year where he doesn't set a new career high in every offensive category?[/quote:3r7qetf6]

Yup, exactly. But I don't feel too bad for the guy. He does make 30 million dollars. He makes 150,000 to 200,000 a game :lol:

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
A lot of people took roids, SO WHAT...YOU STILL HAVE TO HIT THE BALL...Most players were good before they took em anyways.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
sdsportsfan1214 said:
mlbfan10 said:

ARod certainly wasn't completely honest. He didn't have an epiphany and decide he'd come clean and tell kids not to make the same mistakes he did. He admitted it after reports were already being released and building momentum. He also claimed he didn't know what he took. The player with the richest contract by far in baseball history isn't sure what he's taking or being given? Someone's sticking a needle in his butt and he doesn't ask questions? Or some mysterious pill or supplement and he turns a blind eye? Please. He got in front of the story because it was the best play for him to diffuse it as best he could.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
"Voting will continue to be based upon the individual's record, ability, integrity, sportsmanship, character and contribution to the game of Baseball"

When voting on HOFers, players here on out need to be evaluated on their numbers LAST, they need to be first evaluated on integrity, sportsmanship, character, and contribution to the game first, it doesn't matter what the numbers or ability are of said player if he doesn't pass the mustard on these other four qualifications.

I don't see Bonds, Raffy, or Clemens getting any points for integrity or character; sportsmanship and contribution are lacking here as well. Heck Rose also has the integrity and character problem, and these two items alone were sufficient enough for the commissioner to keep him from even being HOF eligible.

011873 said:
Bonds, Palmeiro, Clemens and Alex all deserve to go in.

As for Sosa and Mac, my vote is a no because I think roids had so much to do with their numbers in total than the above guys. In other words, if they didnt juice, they would NOT have "HOF numbers."

If I remember correctly, Alex averaged 11 HRs more per season during his juicing years (33 total HR's) and even if you take those away, hes still a lock HOF'er right now.

Bonds was a HOF'er before his HR brigade and not too many people have 3000 hits and 500 hrs like Palmeiro. Juice or not, pretty damn impressive.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
the years A-rod said he juiced in is completely full of ****. its a convenience he only tainted himself with one team.. :| when he came out he said he did it because he felt pressure. wouldnt you feel pressure going to the Yankees?
Bonds, Arod and Clemens were the 3 guys that were good enough juice-free to get into the hall. those were the 3 locks. lets see what happens now.

Members online