Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How good are 2007 SP Rookie Edition boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I am thinking of buying one over the 2008 Series 1 Jumbo that I had originally planned on... I don't figure they are too good because of the price but maybe I am wrong? Has anyone had luck/misfortune with them?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
If its the product that I think it is, you got two autos in each hobby box. It was a conglomeration of the multiple years of SP cards for the rookies. The odds on hitting a decent name auto were extremely long. The cards look nice and you can hit some SP'd SP cards but if you're looking to flip, the value isnt there. Neat idea but the rookie crop was really weak aside from Braun and Matsuzaka.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
blanning71 said:
If its the product that I think it is, you got two autos in each hobby box. It was a conglomeration of the multiple years of SP cards for the rookies. The odds on hitting a decent name auto were extremely long. The cards look nice and you can hit some SP'd SP cards but if you're looking to flip, the value isnt there. Neat idea but the rookie crop was really weak aside from Braun and Matsuzaka.

Not looking to flip, the only reason these sparked an intrest because I can buy a blaster at Wal-Mart or spend $5 more and get a hobby box... with 2 hits. I think Lincecum's pic is on the box (doesn't mean that I will pull him, but you would think he'd be in this).

Ever since 07 Ultra SE skyrocketed in price, I have been looking for a new cheap-o product to buy... something under $50 (which is extreamly hard to find...)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
blanning71 said:
Why and when did 07 Ultra SE skyrocket in price? Whats the reason behind that? That was a marginal product at best.

IDK, from DA, the price was like $25-$30 a year or so ago, and now it is almost pushing $60... When I made my first order from them, I bought a single pack for like $4 and got the auto, now they don't even do that anymore... they must want to ride the fact that you can pull Lucky 13 Dice-K's, which were selling for a buttload of money. EDIT: IDK how they are doing now...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards ... -hobby-box

5 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
Look for (1) Game-Used Memorabilia Card or Autograph Card in every PACK on average!! Each box delivers (5) Rookie Cards!!

Find Autographed versions of Lucky 13 and Ultra Rookie Cards, as well as 1-of-1 Printing Plates!!

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN:

Boxbreak Inserts and Memorabilia Parallels!
- Swing Kings (// Memorabilia Version)
- Feel the Game (// Memorabilia Version)
- Strike Zone (// Memorabilia Version)
- Hitting Machines (// Memorabilia Version)
- Faces of the Game (// Memorabilia Version)
- Ultra Dual Materials - # to 160
- Ultra Dual Materials // - # to 50
- Ultra Dual Materials Patch - # to 25

Signature Cards - Falling one per box, on average!
- Ultra Rookies Autographs - Varied Numbering
- Lucky 13 Autographs - Varied Numbering
- Ultragraphs - Varied Numbering
- Autographics - Varied Numbering

Regular Cards and Parallels!
- 200 Card Regular Base Set
- Lucky 13 and Ultra Rookie RC Cards!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Not sure what the pricing is, but '07 UD Elements is adequate. You have a chance at a Jeter and Ripken auto, along w/other solid vets. Plus, there are some nasty patches in there as well.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
TBTwinsFan said:
I am thinking of buying one over the 2008 Series 1 Jumbo that I had originally planned on... I don't figure they are too good because of the price but maybe I am wrong? Has anyone had luck/misfortune with them?
Yes, there are a bunch of scrubs, but you can get Braun rc auto. The boxes are about the same as a random blaster at Target.
You could make most of the box back just selling off the Lincecum base cards.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
stu said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Yes, there are a bunch of scrubs, but you can get Braun rc auto. The boxes are about the same as a random blaster at Target.
You could make most of the box back just selling off the Lincecum base cards.

I was thinking about 2008 Tristar High Series and 2009 POH but I am going to stick with this box, because I have to also order a case of baseball cubes and I want to go with a cheap box.

Thanks for your input guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts