Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unbelievable what people get fooled on...Babe Ruth FAKE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
blanning71 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
blanning71 said:
How is it fake? He says several times that it doesn't say reprint and his grandpa gave it to him!

Yes, but for $324...

That's kinda the kicker on this one.

Someone got a steal!!!!!

Yeah, The seller with an too many times told story to make people think its real. Why not get it "rated" and increase the sale by 10x what he got? Because he knows its fake.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
What always amazes me are the sellers that post this nonsense and then you go look at their recently won/purchased items and you see this. The card looks different in the scans but it flat out calls the seller a lying pig anyway.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310231155956

I wouldn't be surprised if you had people bidding just to mess with the guy and no intention on paying. I've seen a few people who have ID's set up just for that. It was on another board but if I remember correctly, someone had an ID of "Ibuyfakecards". Of course, that doesn't matter anymore since you can't see the bidders name. In any event, these are the people that I actually HOPE get ripped off and someone says they never received it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
blanning71 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
blanning71 said:
How is it fake? He says several times that it doesn't say reprint and his grandpa gave it to him!

Yes, but for $324...

That's kinda the kicker on this one.

Someone got a steal!!!!!

People are all over a Strasburg Superfractor... how can a Babe Ruth NRMT RC NOT be noticed by the collecting community, other than 30 bids and a "This is a FAKE" post on FCB...

It's true, it doesn't say "re-print" on the card, but that doesn't mean it's real.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
yeah but Strasburg cards are shiny. This is an old gum card! Man it looks like a really nice copy! Maybe the dude isn't in to grading.

and yes I'm being sarcastic. I figure its fake. Especially with Rice finding the reprint that the guy bought.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Go click under his tab for "feedback left for others".

It amazes me that people don't do any research when making purchases like this. Unless of course they intend on doing the same thing.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Unless of course they intend on doing the same thing.
Unlikely since the same reprint can be had for 7$ on ebay right now.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
blanning71 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
blanning71 said:
I figure its fake. Especially with piggy finding the reprint that the guy bought.

Piggy?

LOL! My mistake! For some reason I thought pigskincardboard had posted that information! I went back and edited it once I saw it was you! Apologies!

:lol:

No big deal. I was just trying to figure out where it might have come from is all.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
nyc3 said:
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
Unless of course they intend on doing the same thing.
Unlikely since the same reprint can be had for 7$ on ebay right now.

HA! I loved the edit. Did the value go up $4? :D

I don't really think anybody would try and flip a reprint after buying one at that price, just hoping that someone didn't legitimately buy one thinking they got a real copy.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It's not much different than buying a modern raw card and hoping it comes back a 9.5. Paying $325 for a card that could be worth $15k if real.

Granted, it's stupid and reckless, but the general principle is the same

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts