Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK I'll start the thread...Slowey NoNo thru 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
At the game, brought mom to first game at Target Field, how cool would that be for her first game to see a no-hitter? Slowey is at 89 pitches so we will see what Gardy does. He better not pull Slowey as long as the A's don't get a hit.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Unfortunately he's done. I think the only reason they may decide to put him in is if we put up like a 4 spot. But he's been praised in the dugout already.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Damn! The pitching the Twins have had over the last couple of days. Duensing was dominant last night beating Cahill and now this!

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
If this was any other time I would be very upset with Gardenhire too, but with Slowey just coming off of an injury, if he starts pitching like this then I want him healthy for the rest of the year. But with us getting 3 more I would have hoped they would at least rolled him out there for the 8th.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know it's not the practical thing to do with the injury and all but with the Thome HR padding their lead, you gotta let him at least start the 8th and go for history.

Just my two cents...

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Right now the twins can't afford to lose slowey while he's pitching so well. He's dealing with elbow tendonitis, and hasn't pitched for 10 days. He said himself that he would have liked to go for it, but he understands that this time of the season especially in a close race, what's better for the team upsets individual accomplishments. It was the smart thing to do imo

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
Just a heads up to anyone buying tickets for the Twins games that are for the Budweiser rooftop- if your ticket has a letter in the row column it is standing room only if it has a number in the row column it is an actual seat. Found that out personally friday nite.

Also Ben Revere is ahead of schedule in his rehab and will likely play the last 10 games of the season in the minors.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Greg Cleveland said:
Rausch must be becoming a head case. Loses his closer job due to a trade, and hasn't got guys out consistantly over his last few games. He better suck it up real soon.

They did say Rauch's dealing with a hurt foot, which probably isn't helping either.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
gt2590 said:
Greg Cleveland said:
Rausch must be becoming a head case. Loses his closer job due to a trade, and hasn't got guys out consistantly over his last few games. He better suck it up real soon.

They did say Rauch's dealing with a hurt foot, which probably isn't helping either.

Wonder if he had another hissy fit and kicked things around again today and hurt his toes more.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
matchpenalty said:
gt2590 said:
Greg Cleveland said:

Wonder if he had another hissy fit and kicked things around again today and hurt his toes more.

All I know is that he needs to get his act together as of late. Jesse Crain has been a huge surprise for the Twins as of late. He has always had the potential, hopefully he can put together seasons like this consitently. I still remember when he was once considered the closer of the future.

Members online

Latest posts