Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Aflacs on the bay....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
[ebay:3fhb0uz2]150480787795[/ebay:3fhb0uz2]
sort of...i am glad i didn't attend this year, seeing these guys at the top of the escalators begging for cards sickens me. last year the sdpd stepped in a little bit and stopped people from loitering...any word on this year's giveaway?

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
That guy has 40 empty listings up so far.

The first 1,500 fans through the gate get Aflac duck keychains!

I hope someone lists a poster soon, I'm antsy.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
man did they crap the bed on the design this year or what? 1/2 the card is a white block...why not at least use the aflac logo as a backdrop?
!B0UoDyw!mk~$(KGrHqN,!iUEw5v721,4BMZ5KZb2zg~~_12.jpg
i understand that they need to make them auto friendly but imo, it looks like they just got lazy.

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Halonut said:
man did they crap the bed on the design this year or what? 1/2 the card is a white block...why not at least use the aflac logo as a backdrop?
!B0UoDyw!mk~$(KGrHqN,!iUEw5v721,4BMZ5KZb2zg~~_12.jpg
i understand that they need to make them auto friendly but imo, it looks like they just got lazy.

I kinda like it this year...

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
The cards aren't that fantastic this year. It'd be cool if they made the autographed ones like that, and the ones they hand out at the game with a fuller picture without a white box. (like 06, 08.)
Disappointed in the poster too. I've been collecting those.
aflacposter06.jpg
aflacposter07.jpg
aflacposter08.jpg
aflacposter09.jpg

I was hoping that they wouldn't use the same ball in the nest for 3 years, and I suppose I got what I wished for. But this looks pretty toned down.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Aflac-Base...et-/270622721426?pt=US_Baseball#ht_3394wt_930

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Embarrassingly bad lighting this year, no background...to me, these are the worst of the AFLACs so far.

Mike, without question they could have used some tips from you my friend. :)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Randy Shields said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Embarrassingly bad lighting this year, no background...to me, these are the worst of the AFLACs so far.

Mike, without question they could have used some tips from you my friend. :)
They should have flown RU4scuba down from NorCal...he's the photography master.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
P_Manning 18 said:
Whats up with some of these photos? Super close-up on the face. Are these a dermatology set?
!B0ZiqYQEWk~$(KGrHqF,!jMEw5DMd7Z)BM,JmlKlsw~~_12.jpg

The guys with the close up shots are like that cuz those guys werent at the Aflac practices and photoshoot Topps did so they used their regular photos

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I just got back from the game and it was a blast. Pretty sad that someone who was so aggressive about getting all the players' autographs already has a poster up on ebay. Security for the cards was very tight this year (not even allowed to trade/ask people for cards, let alone buy) but they didn't care if you bought a ton of tickets just to get the cards. Many of the players were very gracious about signing and I'm thankful for that. I'll have to get a review up within the next few days.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
bear0555 said:
I just got back from the game and it was a blast. Pretty sad that someone who was so aggressive about getting all the players' autographs already has a poster up on ebay. Security for the cards was very tight this year (not even allowed to trade/ask people for cards, let alone buy) but they didn't care if you bought a ton of tickets just to get the cards. Many of the players were very gracious about signing and I'm thankful for that. I'll have to get a review up within the next few days.
I found that hilarious considering we interviewed the Topps rep and he said not once but twice that the best way to get the set was to trade at the stadium.