Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pujols and the triple crown

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
It's been a "down year" by Pujols standards, but because stats in the NL has been somewhat down across the board, he's actually only a single homer, and a few batting average points away from the Triple Crown. Pretty crazy how he could win it, and it's been such a quiet season by his standards.

Just an interesting tidbit, if you take the leaders in the 3 categories considered for the Triple Crown and (using ESPN) extrapolate those numbers to a full season you'd come out with .322 (Votto) 43 homers (Dunn) and 120 RBI (Pujols.)

Pujols's stats from 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2009 would have won him the triple crown had he put those numbers up this season. In 2005 he would have been 2 homers and 3 RBI off. Crazy!!

serving4theking

Aug 10, 2008
I think in this new cleaner era, this year's stats might be more representative of the decade of the 10's. It would be great for Pujols to win it. And based on his last three weeks or so, Pujols is rapidly approaching his normal output for the year anyway, so I doubt by the end of the year his stats will show much of a "down year."

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
A triple crown run by Pujols, Cabrera, or anyone would be great for baseball.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
shoulda woulda coulda

uhh the season is still going on and he has just started to heat up, hes going to end with 42 hr's, 120 rbi's and 330 avg. just matters what votto and dunn do.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I think there's a real shot he does it. What's really impressive is the RBIs have been the hardest category for him the past couple of seasons and this year, he's right there despite the crap the Cardinals have had in front of him (mainly the leadoff hitter) for most of the year.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I've been holding off on getting a Pujols chrome auto rookie for the last four years cause i'm scared that if I finally jump the gun and buy one, he's going to get hurt. But he just keeps on hitting.

You guys can thank me for his success, for I assure you as soon as I pick one up, it's over for him.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
I hope he gets it one of these years he has an excellent year every year
No matter who is around him he produces Personally i think Holliday has been
a bust this year so far Yes he has some hits but not much power
At least as what was expected of him

Donutme

Aug 9, 2008
California
craiger122003 said:
I hope he gets it one of these years he has an excellent year every year
No matter who is around him he produces Personally i think Holliday has been
a bust this year so far Yes he has some hits but not much power
At least as what was expected of him

I agree !

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
With the extremely weak NL batting race..... Posey would have had a good chance at the Batting Title, but he will be about 50 plate appearances short IMO ..... Pujols may luck out :)

PS. dont know why you think that.......... Holliday is having a good year and some power, .306, 21 HRs, 73 RBI, just a notch below the leaders and Pujols in every category

Members online