Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone have a McFarlane Loose Display Collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Ok you are asking about an entire collection of opened Mcfarlanes. I misread your question and thought you were asking if anyone had a display case for opened mcfarlanes (like the 1st pic i posted) I have some opened ones, probably about 50 opened ones. I have a huge collection of unopened Mcfarlanes, probably about 400, maybe more. Basically the ones i open are ones of my favorite teams (Yankees, Raiders, Penguins, Flames) and i display them in one of my showcases , no pictures of them right now though, sorry.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
G $MONEY$ said:
Ok you are asking about an entire collection of opened Mcfarlanes. I misread your question and thought you were asking if anyone had a display case for opened mcfarlanes (like the 1st pic i posted) I have some opened ones, probably about 50 opened ones. I have a huge collection of unopened Mcfarlanes, probably about 400, maybe more. Basically the ones i open are ones of my favorite teams (Yankees, Raiders, Penguins, Flames) and i display them in one of my showcases , no pictures of them right now though, sorry.

400? holy space batman! lol

no worries on the lack of pics, just wanted to see if anyone had any pics to show off

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
ThoseBackPages said:
G $MONEY$ said:

400? holy space batman! lol

no worries on the lack of pics, just wanted to see if anyone had any pics to show off

lol, yeah a few years back (probably 4 or 5 years ago) i was buying them by the case and i was trying to buy every single one that came out and for every sport as well. Basically just ran out of room to keep collecting that many and realized that i didn't need all of them, especially players and teams i didn't even care for.

Nowadays the only Mcfarlane's i buy are the ones from my favorite teams (Yanks, Raiders, Flames, Pens) and i have been opening almost all of them. Obviously i really like the Mcfarlanes and i display a bunch of them in my bedroom and living room. McFarlanes also look really cool when you get the bases autographed (Hockey bases work the best for autos) and i have been collecting a few signed ones recently from frozenpond.com.

If you are into sports figures, the Danbury Mint also makes a really nice line of sports figures that look amazing in person. They are just more expensive then the Mcfarlanes, they are like $50-$60 each, i own 5 of those.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
here you go Eric...

81610011.jpg

81610002.jpg

81610003.jpg

81610005.jpg

81610006.jpg

81610007.jpg

81610012.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I unfortunately don't really have them out on display, but I love them. I also have a SLU collection from when I was a kid (probably 200 or so) that I don't have out either. I was also a sucker for the Headliners during my childhood, and have almost every football one released. I still live with my parents, so I don't really have the space to put them out, but they'll definitely make up a wall in my man cave when I get my own place (hoping to do that this coming spring).

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
pghbuccos said:
glad you liked them.

yes the Griffey is the Exclusive from clarktoys.com

i like that they made a "fat" Griffey

i really wish that McFarlane would have a larger selection of players available

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
ThoseBackPages said:
pghbuccos said:
glad you liked them.

yes the Griffey is the Exclusive from clarktoys.com

i like that they made a "fat" Griffey

i really wish that McFarlane would have a larger selection of players available

me too. being a Red Sox fan I am glad they make a lot of Sox players but they do need a better variety.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I think it would be kinda cool to display them by having each figure fielding their position on a huge diamond.

Or it would look kinda creepy when all your buddies come over for your fantasy draft.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
I don't know much about McFarlane's so please forgive me but are they worth more if you don't open them? I think they look sweet when they are displayed and out of the box.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jared said:
I don't know much about McFarlane's so please forgive me but are they worth more if you don't open them? I think they look sweet when they are displayed and out of the box.

"yes" is the stereotypical answer. But not everything in this "hobby" is for monetary gain.

i think they look awesome and am thinking about collecting some. Things that bother me
are HIGH cost of shipping and limited player selection across all four sports.

Members online