Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
1. Can Printing Plates be graded or authenticated by BGS?
2. If I have a 1/1, should I have it graded, or just autenticated?
3. Can cards in say, a PSA case, be sent to BGS for re-grading?

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:

1. Yes
2. Your choice. Depends if you want to sell and also the condition it's in. Really no need too.
3. Yes

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:

Also they can be from BGS and sent to PSA to be graded as well.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
TBTwinsFan said:
1. Can Printing Plates be graded or authenticated by BGS? Yes
2. If I have a 1/1, should I have it graded, or just autenticated? If its a plate, I wouldnt do either honestly. Then again I dont grade anything, I just buy graded and dont even pay a premium when I buy graded. It is just a nice bonus but I wont bid more than I would have if it wasnt graded.
3. Can cards in say, a PSA case, be sent to BGS for re-grading? Yes

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If the 1/1 means that much to you I'd suggest getting it/them authenticated for protection. I'm not into grading myself either for the modern stuff, but have slowly began to get some cards slabbed for protection.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Why would you want to grade a printing plate? They are supposed to show nice use. To me the more use the better on those. It would be like wanting to buy a game used jersey, but wanting one that shows no use.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I remember getting a just minors Madison Bumgarner auto/plate graded

it came back a 9

sold it though

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
matchpenalty said:
Why would you want to grade a printing plate? They are supposed to show nice use. To me the more use the better on those. It would be like wanting to buy a game used jersey, but wanting one that shows no use.

Because I am grading my entire (minus most base and inserts) Perkins collection. I have 1 printing plate and I am bound to have more, so I was wondering if they would slab them. What I was thinking was sending in all of my 1/1s to be authenticated, that way I could have protection and easy storage without having to look at the dreaded 8.5-9 and know that I can't just sell it and buy a new one.

My reasoning for question 3 is that I know on ebay there are some high enders graded PSA and BCCG, and I would love to add them to my collection (RC au/10 and things) but I don't want a PSA nor do I want BCCG.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I would never get a printing plate graded for the simple fact many of them are in poor condition from being used. Now getting them slabbed just for protection with no grade, sure. Maybe get the grading done on any other 1/1 cards you have, but I would say stay away from plate grading.

Members online

Latest posts