Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question for the Player Collectors re: 2000 Pacific Vanguard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
I know there are a lot of player collectors from the early 00's on these boards, so I'm hoping I may be able to get some assistance. I have a 2000 Pacific Vanguard Holographic Purple of Luis Castillo, numbered "10/10." The thing is I don't remember seeing any of the Holographic Purples up for auction in quite awhile. There were 100 players in the set, and 11 cards* produced of each player. Yet I haven't seen one in a long time, despite the caliber of players and a couple noteworthy rookies in the set. Can anybody give me a general idea of how "rare" these cards truly are. Does anybody else have a Holographic Purple of their player?

*Including the unnumbered back door replacement that was created for each player, sold off by the Pacific printers when the company went under

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I can't answer your question, but someone here will see this and help you out. I imagine that cards /10 are quite scarce when you take into account how much product was printed 10 years ago.

Just wanted to say welcome and congrats for becoming active on the boards!

packbusta

Aug 15, 2010
carlitoson said:
I can't answer your question, but someone here will see this and help you out. I imagine that cards /10 are quite scarce when you take into account how much product was printed 10 years ago.

Just wanted to say welcome and congrats for becoming active on the boards!

Thanks for the welcome. Been reading these boards for awhile, and I'm really impressed with the community as a whole. Very smart and informed group of guys and gals.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
I don't have one of McGwire and can't remember seeing one. Onionring9 has one. Here it is

w_2000--van--93--hp.jpg

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I have a sheffield and would be interested in the Castillo.

Let me know if you want to get rid of it via trade or paypal.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
00PACIFICVANGUARD.jpg00PACIFICVANGUARDGREEN.jpg00PACIFICVANGUARDPREMIERE.jpg
00PACIFICVANGUARDGOLD.jpg00PACIFICVANGUARDPURPLE.jpg

One of the harder rainbows no one ever mentions. I had two Grace purples at one time, but sold one of them to a fellow Grace collector.

Pacific cards in general are getting harder to find. Pacific was "winding down" in 2000 and this product didn't get a lot of love. Singles of the parallels aren't easy to find. And purples, with only 10 copies, 10 years after release, are mostly in player collections and don't surface often.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I have never seen an Andruw Jones, I would say they are quite rare. I also wonder how much of this is still in unopened product? I doubt many people open stuff like this, so a lot of these cards could be stuck in unopened packs/boxes.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I would LOVE to open this kind of product, but can never find any, and when I do, it's 70-$75 a box. I just don't see it being worth that, but I may be wrong.

Members online