Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the Yankees making the postseason this year?

Are the Yankees making the postseason this year?

• Yes..there is a lot of baseball still to be played.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They will have to pull off a miracle.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I put maybe but I honestly dont know. They had a big win today by a very underratted power hitter IMO. If A-rod gets on a streak then they possibly can.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I voted a slim chance, but I don't think their pitching is strong enough and their offense has stunk up since their streak after the break.

BoomerJack

Aug 8, 2008
New Jersey
The problem isn't only that they're 6 gb of Boston. They also have to jump over ChiSox or Twins. They're done with the Twins this year and by the time they play the 4 game series vs. Chicago (9/15-9/18), they could already be too far out of it.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Quick question, what Yankee team have you been watching this year. The one I see is the team who sleepwalks thru games has an awful pitching staff. There is no heart on this team.

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
jcmint said:
Quick question, what Yankee team have you been watching this year. The one I see is the team who sleepwalks thru games has an awful pitching staff. There is no heart on this team.
I've been watching the same team as you. Awful pitching staff? ...its called injuries. When two of your best starters go down(**** & Joba) you can't expect to have a great staff. Please define heart..

Kevin

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
KevinNYYLundqvistFan said:
jcmint said:
I've been watching the same team as you. Awful pitching staff? ...its called injuries. When two of your best starters go down(**** & Joba) you can't expect to have a great staff. Please define heart..

Kevin

Injuries did play a key roll this year. But lets face it, those that were healthy didn't rise to the occasion...

Musina has been good.
Andy P - inconsistent.
The Bull pen/middle relief as of late - awful.

Many men left on base.
Not manufacturing runs like they used to
Hitting is mediocre

I admire your love of the team, but at some point you need to realize that they just don't have it this year.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Canocollector#1 said:
i think they got a decent shot
Even the blindest Yankee homer would say they have a slim chance at best. Between the 50 group case breaks and this, I think you're my new favorite poster.

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
zach said:
KevinNYYLundqvistFan said:
jcmint said:

Kevin

Injuries did play a key roll this year. But lets face it, those that were healthy didn't rise to the occasion...

Musina has been good.
Andy P - inconsistent.
The Bull pen/middle relief as of late - awful.

Many men left on base.
Not manufacturing runs like they used to
Hitting is mediocre

I admire your love of the team, but at some point you need to realize that they just don't have it this year.
I love this team..your right. I'm not dumb though. (and I'm not saying you think I'm dumb. lol) The thing is..the Yankees seem to always come around at some point and get on a roll. I don't know if that will happen or not, but we all know what this team is capable of. Joba will be back soon to help the bullpen out. It might be to late, but who really knows. I agree with everything you say. I have watched pretty much every game this year..and I blog about them. I actually was going to eliminate them on my blog today if they were to lose. Thankfully I didn't have to do that. lmao. and YES..I don't give up easy. Keep the faith.:lol:

Members online