Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imagine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Imagine if every player has the bowman chrome rookie series like we have today and they were all autos

what would a ken griffey jr red refractor /5 auto or super 1/1 auto go for

same with pujols, what would his super 1/1 auto go for

ichiro, clemens, wright, reyes, miggy, mcgwire, sosa, ripken, nolan ryan

imagine!

i was just wodering because i think something like the griffey super would go for something nuts considering all the griff collectors, i dont wanna sound stupid, but does 50k sound right?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Well considering what Mantle cards run now, and what his signature commands, and then factoring in what superfractor autos go for, I would say that a Mantle superfractor auto would go for some major coin. I don't know about 50k still as that is a crapload to pay for a single card and even with all the technology today, few cards garner that pricetag unless they are vintage.

I hope I am not misunderstanding Cabbage Patch in that he was saying a Griffey would go for 50k and not the entire set. If it were the price for the entire set, then yes, that is a very reasonable amount to pay for an entire superfractor auto set for all the top players today.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Its possible but still, even looking at what those guys autos #'d 1/1 go for, I would say its hard to think it would clip 50k. Perhaps half that, but man, it would still be a kickass card! And now with Ruth and Williams in the Topps stable, why can't we beg for a nice legends insert in Bowman Chrome for 2009! Damn that would be sweet!

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Its too easy to say what if, so we might as well stop adding names to the list.

I'm glad chrome doesn't go back past the mid-late 90's, I and vintage collector's alike wouldn't be as interested in the cards. Although you could state the argument that since there would have always been chrome, we wouldn't know different.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
RyanHannaman.jpg

How much would Wossa pay for his Super?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I have no doubt that a '89 bowman Chrome Super Auto 1/1 of 'The Kid' would be a steal at $50,000. Some of you are underestimating the frenzy and deep pocketed collectors out there. I'm not going to even talk about anyone else but I would gaurentee a handful of players over the last 50+ years, if had a 1/1 auto super RC would be in the 6 digit figures.

Members online

Latest posts