Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

30+ games in, how are your breakout picks doing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I remember before the NBA season started, there was a thread about who you thought breakout players would be, thought it would be interesting to follow up. How are your picks doing? Here are mine:
Randy Foye, Timberwolves- 14.7 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 4.8 APG
After a brutal start that resulted in him losing the #1 PG spot, Foye has turned it around very well. McHale has used him well. His numbers don't indicate how good he's been due to the terrible start. 26 is his season high for points, 15 for assists, and 16 for rebounds.
Al Thornton, Clippers- 16.4 PPG, 4.9 RPG. Scored 25 tonight and has showed flashes of dominance, but can never sustain it. Hasn't been the consistent dominant scoring option the Clippers hoped he would be, but considering he's averaging almost 17 and is still playing nowhere near as well as he could shows what kind of potential the kid has. I consider him a bit of a letdown but the season is still young.
Jeff Green, Wherever the hell the Sonics are now- 16.2 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 2.1 APG. As a Big East guy, I followed Green closely in college at Georgetown. Whenever Jonathan Wallace (their PG at the time) was in foul trouble or ineffective, Green would play the point. He has the size and versatility that reminds me a little of Magic Johnson (not quite at his level yet though :lol: ). Like Foye, he started slowly and inconsistent. But recently, it's tough to find a young guy who has been hotter. He has 20+ in 4 of his last 5, has 15 double-figure games in December/January, 7 of which were 20+. He's also been solid on the boards, and is definitely playing like the lottery pick that he was. I like this guy a LOT.

And yes, I just realized I pick guys on awful teams. How are your guys doing?

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
My two pickes were Jeff green and Spencer Hawes

hawes was palying pretty well until an injury. I expect big things from him. His outside shot for a big man is incredible

Jeff Green continue to play pretty good ball on an awful team

Wehttam6

Aug 7, 2008
912-GA
I know I said that Granger would do better...I think I said something about Nick Young though :? . He was averaging like 15ppg during the first or second week of the NBA season. I didn't necessarily pick Ramon Sessions for this year, but he's a dude I watch out for. If only the Bucks would let him start.

Members online

Latest posts