Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If I'm selling Razor Letterman on eBay?

Can I keep one touch and just ship card in a toploaders?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
If I'm selling either Razor Letterman or Benchwarmer Archive cards on eBay do you think I would be wrong to keep the one touches and ship the cards in a toploader (with penny sleeves and team bags)?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I was disappointed to get a few Letterman cards in top loaders only because of the fact they were packed out in the one touch holders by Razor. Otherwise, I would not care...just seems cheap to me to remove the card from the case it came in to keep it for yourself or to save a few cents on postage. Plus, it is unnecessary handling of the card.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
muchuckwagon said:
I was disappointed to get a few Letterman cards in top loaders only because of the fact they were packed out in the one touch holders by Razor. Otherwise, I would not care...just seems cheap to me to remove the card from the case it came in to keep it for yourself or to save a few cents on postage. Plus, it is unnecessary handling of the card.

Agreed, its like the folks who take prime cuts out of their holders and re-sell.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Toploader....you paid for the one touch....or put it in your S&H charge! :)
(My rule is over $50 gets a one touch)

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
thefatguy said:
Toploader....you paid for the one touch....or put it in your S&H charge! :)
(My rule is over $50 gets a one touch)

I was thinking if the cards sell for more then $X then keep them in the one touch.

I scanned the cards out of the one touches.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
muchuckwagon said:

Agreed, its like the folks who take prime cuts out of their holders and re-sell.

There's a difference. The Prime Cuts are sealed, are they not?

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Jeff N. said:
phillyfan0417 said:
muchuckwagon said:

Good point. I guess if you need a one touch, it doesnt hurt to use one holding a 12 cent card.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I never though about keeping them in the past but I recently realized that they cost like $2 each

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
Jeff N. said:
phillyfan0417 said:
muchuckwagon said:

Good point. I guess if you need a one touch, it doesnt hurt to use one holding a 12 cent card.

I thought about bringing up the lack of value in Razor Lettermen for most players, but I figured it wasn't worth it. My Razor bashing days are done, and in light of same, I actually now own a few Razor cards. I bought 5 Metal Vance Worley autos (For about $8) and a Letterman 4/5 Vance Worley (for less than $10) to see what these cards are like.

The quality of the Metal cards is well below Bowman Chrome. Surface was hideous. The letterman is everything I thought it was, and less.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If you scan it in a one-touch, send it with the one-touch. I've sold three Letterman cards...1 in the one-touch, 2 without...but the scan was clear each time.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
200lbhockeyplayer said:
If you scan it in a one-touch, send it with the one-touch. I've sold three Letterman cards...1 in the one-touch, 2 without...but the scan was clear each time.

Does this apply for all cards?

One touches give refractors a great sheen when you scan, so most of my stuff gets scanned in one-touches.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

One touches give refractors a great sheen when you scan, so most of my stuff gets scanned in one-touches.
I'm of the belief that if it's scanned in a case (any case), that's how it should be delivered.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
pigskincardboard said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

I'm of the belief that if it's scanned in a case (any case), that's how it should be delivered.

Not to spam my auctions but they might be useful to the discussion

example of my Letterman auctions
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

example of my benchwarmer archive auctions
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

No where in the auction is there anything to suggest that they would receive the one touches that the cards were packed out in

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
you certainly can send them without the one touch, but I would not. Also if you show them in a picture on EBAY with the case, I strongly suggest you mail them that way.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Here's my deal...

If I'm buying it with the intention of putting the Nameplate together, I'd personally like all of the cards to be in the same type of one-touch. If I get one sent not in a one-touch, I don't know if I can find that specific type of one-touch, so now I'm stuck with all the letters in the same type of one-touch, with one letter in another.

Personally, if the cards were packed out that way, I'd send it in the one-touch.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Sly said:
Here's my deal...

If I'm buying it with the intention of putting the Nameplate together, I'd personally like all of the cards to be in the same type of one-touch. If I get one sent not in a one-touch, I don't know if I can find that specific type of one-touch, so now I'm stuck with all the letters in the same type of one-touch, with one letter in another.

Personally, if the cards were packed out that way, I'd send it in the one-touch.

Easiest thing to do is to email the seller.

Jul 30, 2009
remember where youre selling them as ebay is the land of morons.

In the scan, dont show the holders and you might consider stating that they arent included but do so that it makes the buyer feel "nice."

"To save you money on shipping, one touch are not included."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts