Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Updated Top 15 Prospect List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
I personally thing you are rating a few guys way too high and others too low.

For me, it's this for top 10:

1. Harper
2. Trout
3. Montero
4. Myers
5. Hosmer
6. Teheran
7. Taillon
8. Ackley
9. Machado
10. Perez

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
After Jennings I think it gets a bit soft, but that's when things begin to get harder so, it becomes a toss up.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
http://prospectforprofit.com/?p=366

Thoughts?

There's some pitchers in there that I'd like to see shuffled. You're going a bit more on eventual upside, I think. With that said, your rankings will probably reflect pricing better than a publication that weighed floor and ceiling equally.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. Harper
2. Trout
3. Montero
4. Myers
5. Hosmer
6. Teheran
7. Taillon
8. Ackley
9. Machado
10. Perez

Thanks for adding your top 10. Looks like we have pretty much the same guys with the exception of Ackley instead of Moustakas. I personally feel that Mous will be the more complete hitter than Ackley...while Ackley supposedly has an 80 hit tool, he hasn't shown much power, which is a big deal in my opinion.

Also thought about Myers higher, but he's still jumping from somewhere in the 50s (if I remember correctly) before the season to the top 10. I'm also not a huge Jennings fan, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt after reading BA's continued raves about him.

Does anyone else who disagrees want to add a top 10? Or at least state what you disagree with? This is wide open for discussion, I'd love to get some feedback.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. Harper
2. Trout
3. Montero
4. Myers
5. Hosmer
6. Teheran
7. Taillon
8. Ackley
9. Machado
10. Perez

Thanks for adding your top 10. Looks like we have pretty much the same guys with the exception of Ackley instead of Moustakas. I personally feel that Mous will be the more complete hitter than Ackley...while Ackley supposedly has an 80 hit tool, he hasn't shown much power, which is a big deal in my opinion.

Also thought about Myers higher, but he's still jumping from somewhere in the 50s (if I remember correctly) before the season to the top 10. I'm also not a huge Jennings fan, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Does anyone else who disagrees want to add a top 10? Or at least state what you disagree with? This is wide open for discussion, I'd love to get some feedback.

It's a toss up for me between Lamb and Perez at #10.

Ackley, I'm not a fan of at all, but scouts still rave about him. So, I have to take that into account.

I really believe Hosmer is the best of all the KC hitters, on all levels. I feel Moustakas is the weakest of their big three.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
Pretty good list but Iam missing something with Martin Perez he is only 19 but he has an ERA of almost 6 and he gets hit alot why is he rated so high on peoples list?? I looked at box score other day where it showed his era was 162.00.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
NECpilgrims8 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. Harper
2. Trout
3. Montero
4. Myers
5. Hosmer
6. Teheran
7. Taillon
8. Ackley
9. Machado
10. Perez

Also thought about Myers higher, but he's still jumping from somewhere in the 50s (if I remember correctly) before the season to the top 10. I'm also not a huge Jennings fan, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

It's a toss up for me between Lamb and Perez at #10.

Ackley, I'm not a fan of at all, but scouts still rave about him. So, I have to take that into account.

I really believe Hosmer is the best of all the KC hitters, on all levels. I feel Moustakas is the weakest of their big three.

Yeah I like neither Ackley nor Jennings very much, but it's hard to leave both of them off the list when according to BA they should both be top 10 guys. Guess we'll see about those two.

Lamb would probably be around 20th for me. He was tough at the lower levels this year, but I'd like to get a little larger sample of Double A before I decide how I really feel about him.

DaProspectKid: Perez is projection at this point. He's very young for AA so it's not a big surprise that he isn't dominating right now. As he matures as a pitcher, success will start to follow him. He has great stuff, it's just about putting it together.

It's kind of like Bryce Harper being #1 overall without playing a single professional game yet. We see what he is capable of at other levels, and try to project what he will be capable of by the time he reaches the Majors.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

1. Harper
2. Trout
3. Montero
4. Myers
5. Hosmer
6. Teheran
7. Taillon
8. Ackley
9. Machado
10. Perez

Also thought about Myers higher, but he's still jumping from somewhere in the 50s (if I remember correctly) before the season to the top 10. I'm also not a huge Jennings fan, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt after reading BA's continued raves about him.

1. Montero
2. Harper
3. Hosmer
4. Myers
5. Trout
6. Ackley
7. Manny
8. Jennings
9. Morrison
10. Lonnie

That's my list. Well, my list until I actually look up numbers.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
Where do guys see guys like Jaff Decker, Nick Franklin and Areando ranking in the top 50 if that. I know Decker was 50th last year he got off to bad start but is ripping it lately.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
DaProspectKid said:
Where do guys see guys like Jaff Decker, Nick Franklin and Areando ranking in the top 50 if that. I know Decker was 50th last year he got off to bad start but is ripping it lately.

Seriously, if you took those players and combined them, you'd have one of the best second basemen in the history of the game. The only tool they lack is speed.

I think they're all the 42nd overall prospect.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
hmmm

1. Harper
2. Ackley
3. Myers
4. Teheran
5. Moustakas
6. Trout
7. Jennings
8. Hosmer
9. M Moore
10. Taillon

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
DaveH said:
hmmm

1. Harper
2. Ackley
3. Myers
4. Teheran
5. Moustakas
6. Trout
7. Jennings
8. Hosmer
9. M Moore
10. Taillon
Matt Moore over Martin Perez? No Jesus Montero? No Manny Machado?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
DaveH said:
hmmm

1. Harper
2. Ackley
3. Myers
4. Teheran
5. Moustakas
6. Trout
7. Jennings
8. Hosmer
9. M Moore
10. Taillon

Moore would have been honorable mention for my top 15. I had a hard time deciding whether his absolute dominance over the last few months should override the first month when he wasn't very good, so I left him out. He's definitely a top 20 guy for me though.

Lyles would probably be in the 50s or 60s for me. It's impressive that he's having success in higher levels at his age, but from what I've read, his stuff doesn't pop at me like some of these other guys. Also, he has been good, but he has not been dominant. You could make the argument that he's had a much better season than a guy like Perez, but Perez is a top 15 guy because his ceiling is so high. Lyles looks like he may be ready at some point next year though, and I'd be surprised if he didn't develop into a strong #2 or #3 starter.

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
Perez and Montero are 11 and 12, respectively. Machado is top 20 i think. not quite sure on him yet

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
DaveH said:
hmmm

1. Harper
2. Ackley
3. Myers
4. Teheran
5. Moustakas
6. Trout
7. Jennings
8. Hosmer
9. M Moore
10. Taillon

Moore would have been honorable mention for my top 15. I had a hard time deciding whether his absolute dominance over the last few months should override the first month when he wasn't very good, so I left him out. He's definitely a top 20 guy for me though.

everyone consistently uses this as an excuse to drop Moore... yet, Montero's piss-poor april and may just gets overlooked for his July/August....? I don't get it. and if Montero's bat struggles, then he's a non-prospect... if Matt Moore struggles with control, he's just being the typical young LHP with electric stuff. the fact that Moore gets dialed in every year proves that he's got it. just takes him a month or two to harness his stuff. and this year he suffered from a flukishly high BABIP, which is what made his ERA look ugly.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
DaveH said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
DaveH said:
hmmm

1. Harper
2. Ackley
3. Myers
4. Teheran
5. Moustakas
6. Trout
7. Jennings
8. Hosmer
9. M Moore
10. Taillon

everyone consistently uses this as an excuse to drop Moore... yet, Montero's piss-poor april and may just gets overlooked for his July/August....? I don't get it. and if Montero's bat struggles, then he's a non-prospect... if Matt Moore struggles with control, he's just being the typical young LHP with electric stuff. the fact that Moore gets dialed in every year proves that he's got it. just takes him a month or two to harness his stuff. and this year he suffered from a flukishly high BABIP, which is what made his ERA look ugly.

Moore has been the most dominant pitcher in the Minors since May. I don't think anyone can even dispute that.

It will be interesting to see where BA ranks him.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
I obviously like Lyles more than you guys do, but something about him reminds me a bit of a young Matt Cain. I don't think his breaking ball is quite as good as Cain's, but I think he has a solid chance to come into the Bigs and pitch well at a young age like Cain did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts