Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 A&G Red Ink Set #/10 COMPLETED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
When 2009 A&G was released I planned to pick up the ***** League players and a few other in the Red Inks. As time went on I was able to buy more and more commons. I never thought I would get to 50% so working toward the set was not the original goal. Anyway I continued to find more and more never really hitting a dry point during progress. The last 10 were hard but a few board members here helped me over the hurdles (nevermore and mudflap most notably). The one major bump in the road was the Autos from Rip packs, while I have seen 8 of the 10 David Ortiz mini autos I have only seen 1 Josh Johnson (and many other players). It seemed hit and miss which auto came from the rip packs and how many. FCB's very own JJ collector found a horribly mis-labeled JJ Red Ink auto and it had been sitting in his collection. Once I was down to 2 cards I sent him an offer to purchase the card with a promise that when (if) another JJ Red Ink hits ebay or elsewhere I will buy it and send it his way and as you can see he agree, THANKS DAVE!!!!!

Four cards were redemption pieces, Miggy, Shani Davis, Rios and Osterman. The last two were not made. Osterman Blue Ink autos were released after replacements were sent out. Quite an uproar from her fans. However Topps sent out Boxes of Triple Threads as a replacement for the Red Ink card and due to the cost they decided not to make the Red Ink Osterman even after the fact.....this has been confirmed in written form by Topps. The Invisible Man auto is not directly a part of the set however since I own one I include it with the rest. Many of the autos in the set are the only one I have ever seen of the person, not to say I did not miss a couple along the way.

Anyway, now that the journey is over I find myself with a full set of cards #/10 and have 33 extras, the most I have of one person is 3. The cards not in PSA holders leave Monday.

Hope you enjoy and if anyone has a good idea of how to share this set with the world please let me know.

Thanks!

th_2009_Red_Reyes.jpg
th_2009_Red_Moore.jpg
th_2009_Red_Johnson.jpg
th_AGREDHILLPSA10.jpg
th_AG_INVISIBLE_MAN_PSA10.jpg
th_AR_Red_Maddison.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Braun.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Cust.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Davis.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Lowell.jpg
th_09_Simpson_Red_Ink.jpg
th_2009_AG_Red_Fosbury.jpg
th_AGREDCAPPELLETTO.jpg
th_AGREDCUETO.jpg
th_AGREDELLERPSA7.jpg
th_AGREDRIVERA.jpg
th_AGREDTRAFTON.jpg
th_AGREDWIEBE.jpg
th_AGREDWILKINS.jpg
th_AGREDWILLIAMS.jpg
th_AGREDYUTO.jpg
th_AGRED_BERG_PSA9.jpg
th_AGRED_CHURCH_PSA9.jpg
th_AGRED_HOWARD_PSA10.jpg
th_AGRED_OLSEN_PSA8.jpg
th_AGRED_TULO_PSA9.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Miggy.jpg
th_AGREDARMSTRONG.jpg
th_AGREDFRANC.jpg
th_AGREDHIGBY.jpg
th_AGREDHOLLIDAY.jpg
th_AGREDMERRITT.jpg
th_AGREDOPSTEDAHL.jpg
th_AGREDSCHERZER.jpg
th_AGREDWERTH.jpg
th_AGREDZAGUNIS.jpg
th_AGRED_COX_PSA10.jpg
th_AGRED_HUGHED_PSA10.jpg
th_AGRED_KEMP_PSA8.jpg
th_AGRED_MASTERSON_PSA9.jpg
th_AGRED_METXGER_PSA9.jpg
th_AGRED_NAVARRO_PSA8.jpg
th_AG_RED_McConiughey.jpg
th_AG_Red_Papelbon_PSA7.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Hanley_1_10.jpg
th_09_AG_Red_Kershaw.jpg
th_AGREDBURKEPSA9.jpg
th_AGREDCROWLEY.jpg
th_AGREDDeWITT.jpg
th_AGREDEVANPSA9.jpg
th_AGREDGOMEZPSA8.jpg
th_AGREDHANLEY.jpg
th_AGREDJACKSON.jpg
th_AGREDKYLE.jpg
th_AGREDMARLIN.jpg
th_AGREDORTIZ.jpg
th_AGREDSIMPSON.jpg
th_AGREDSPANPSA9.jpg
th_AGREDTETER.jpg
th_AGREDYATESPSA9.jpg
th_AGRED_BRUCE_7_10_PSA9.jpg
th_AGRED_JOBA_PSA8.jpg
th_AGRED_LONGO_PSA7.jpg
th_AGRED_PARRIS_9_10_PSA9.jpg
th_AG_Red_Santana.jpg
th_Wright_AG_Red.jpg
th_AGREDCASTILLAPSA10.jpg
th_AGREDPENNINGTONPSA6.jpg
th_AGREDTUNNICLIFFE.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Very impressive. Ever thought of busting them all out of the frames and having the set unified in look? Amazing
set. Thanks for sharing.
Kevin

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GEORGE!!!

I already told you this but I think this is one of the best accomplishments I have ever seen. to complete an autographed set numbered out of 10 is just incredible. I really hope FCB somehow recognizes this accomplishment. also way to go all the members that helped George complete this set.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
kobechromecom said:
Was Michael Phelps in this?

Phelps is in the Auto set but not Reds, his blue has a PR of 8 and Gold 1/1s.

Everyone, thanks for the comments

Joe, it is in the works with Dave.

Members online