Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

It Has Finally Happened: The Thrill is Gone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
First let me say that I have met lots of interesting people on FCB. Many of you have great insight about the hobby and others are insightful about prospecting. Those who I have had the pleasure of doing multiple transactions with thank you. Let me say to Andrew, "Dude you are awesome and very professional." I am still good for what I committed to. Those will be my Christmas present to myself. 2 on the Topps Chrome is those are available. I have truly enjoyed the hobby and all that it has to offer. I have even gotten some great laughs out of some of the posters on here. Gilmore, thanks for being willing to take a calculated risk and be instrumental in the development of FCB, even if you gave me grief on BMB about my Schaub's :lol:.

I will be around lurking, but the thrill of the hobby is gone out of me and I will be slowly selling off some of the stuff, not liquidating by any mean, so don't expect a "All Must Go Post" Not gonna happen. As players catch on fire I will sell off those players. When I move my Hodges Collection it will definitely go to ONE SPECIFIC person and he knows who he is. Stay safe man and thank you for serving our great country.

Guys I wish all of you well in your prospecting and hope that Gold Labels will always be in your future. I AM NOT LEAVING THE HOBBY, but the thrill of the chase is no longer there so I will be moving to the sidelines. I will be back one day, at least I hope. It has been fun and enjoyable.

Never reached the tracker, but summer has been very busy. Go Schaub, I mean Texan's.

The Reverend James Webb has left the building.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Sad to see you go. Glad you enjoyed your time and you'll still be lurking around. After a year or two with some lurking i bet SOME of the thrills and desires will be back! Go enjoy life bud.
-KJ

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Sorry to hear it Rev. Hopefully you visit us often.

While this may or may not mean anything to you or anyone else, I just thought I would throw this out there. I run into these brick walls sometimes as well. There have been a few times where it wasn't fun anymore because I would carried away and frustrated when I couldn't pick things up. I'm not saying that's what happened to you, just that those things (amongst others) would wear me out on the hobby. Normally, I would either lay off for a bit or switch my focus to something else.

I have 3 player collections, Pete Rose, Adam Dunn, and Chris Sabo. Whenever I start getting burned out on one, I switch it up to the other for awhile. Then football season starts and I spend more time focusing on my Bengals collection. To add a little spice, I have also started a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey collection and I also have a memorabilia collection I add to when I can.

My long drawn out point is that I always have something to switch to and while they are the same thing (cards and memorabilia), they're different because of the different sports. It helps me to stay "fresh" and not get burned out on chasing down one thing.

I'm sure that I didn't explain myself as well as I would have liked to, but I am sure you understand what I was trying to drive at.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Now that you have your dream yard you leave us huh. Sorry to see you go

Blue Hodges Reverend said:
First let me say that I have met lots of interesting people on FCB. Many of you have great insight about the hobby and others are insightful about prospecting. Those who I have had the pleasure of doing multiple transactions with thank you. Let me say to Andrew, "Dude you are awesome and very professional." I am still good for what I committed to. Those will be my Christmas present to myself. 2 on the Topps Chrome is those are available. I have truly enjoyed the hobby and all that it has to offer. I have even gotten some great laughs out of some of the posters on here. Gilmore, thanks for being willing to take a calculated risk and be instrumental in the development of FCB, even if you gave me grief on BMB about my Schaub's :lol:.

I will be around lurking, but the thrill of the hobby is gone out of me and I will be slowly selling off some of the stuff, not liquidating by any mean, so don't expect a "All Must Go Post" Not gonna happen. As players catch on fire I will sell off those players. When I move my Hodges Collection it will definitely go to ONE SPECIFIC person and he knows who he is. Stay safe man and thank you for serving our great country.

Guys I wish all of you well in your prospecting and hope that Gold Labels will always be in your future. I AM NOT LEAVING THE HOBBY, but the thrill of the chase is no longer there so I will be moving to the sidelines. I will be back one day, at least I hope. It has been fun and enjoyable.

Never reached the tracker, but summer has been very busy. Go Schaub, I mean Texan's.

The Reverend James Webb has left the building.

Members online

Latest posts