Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ok, NOW I can post the link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
cool but I hope the sell is not a la-****** and not send that to you since it went for way way less then he tought he should have gotten.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Pine Tar said:
cool but I hope the sell is not a la-****** and not send that to you since it went for way way less then he tought he should have gotten.

I over paid bigtime for it and I met his needs, if he doesn't send than we are basically pooped on...

I actually met his price on it... *gulp* $50 :shock: and shipping comes to around $54...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
TBTwinsFan said:
Pine Tar said:

I over paid bigtime for it and I met his needs, if he doesn't send than we are basically pooped on...

I actually met his price on it... *gulp* $50 :shock: and shipping comes to around $54...
Oh I see now. I thought it was .99 ::facepalm:: you did a off ebay thing . and for 50 that is a nice price I think good luck and lets hope you get it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Pine Tar said:
TBTwinsFan said:
[quote="Pine Tar":3j7xaxj8]cool but I hope the sell is not a la-****** and not send that to you since it went for way way less then he tought he should have gotten.

Oh I see now. I thought it was .99 ::facepalm:: you did a off ebay thing . and for 50 that is a nice price I think good luck and lets hope you get it.[/quote:3j7xaxj8]

Yeah. I don't have ebay so I had someone help and when the price jumped from .99 too 20.50 and then to 21.50 I suggested that we email him with an offer of $40-$45 and he declined and raised to $50 which was the highest I was going to go anyways, so I said that worked.

I am excited because this will be the coolest card in my collection

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
I'm going to message him and tell him that I was watching it and prepared to pay 75 dollars.

And you lose a lot of respect even joking about such a thing.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bouwob said:

That's fine, people were telling me they were going to bid $1000 on it when I messed up and posted the link and they didn't, not even as a joke.

and even if he did this, he wouldn't have to go through me (not as "Oh I am a tough guy," he just wouldn't)

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

That's fine, people were telling me they were going to bid $1000 on it when I messed up and posted the link and they didn't, not even as a joke.

and even if he did this, he wouldn't have to go through me (not as "Oh I am a tough guy," he just wouldn't)

This used to happen all the time on BMB when some one got excited and posted about a card before they got it in hand. A lot of time the card was "stolen" in the process. Anyone that tries to buy out a sold card (especially for flipping reasons) is trash in my book.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bouwob said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

This used to happen all the time on BMB when some one got excited and posted about a card before they got it in hand. A lot of time the card was "stolen" in the process. Anyone that tries to buy out a sold card (especially for flipping reasons) is trash in my book.

Ahh. Yeah I can see that.

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
bouwob said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

never even thought of this type of scenario....people really stoop that low? wow....

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
pootshwan said:
bouwob said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

never even thought of this type of scenario....people really stoop that low? wow....

Fake patch, fake autographs, pack searchers, card re-builders... yeah it doesn't surprise me

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
bouwob said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

I agree with you on all counts, however, I must say that working out a deal off eBay is only a little bit better. I've never done what I joked about, but I definitely mentioned it the last time someone posted a steal. There are some huge dicks out there and while you're probably not going to worry about Perkins, the guy who bought the Hank Greenberg lot was pushing his luck.

Anyways, back to my point, I think if one person can work an agreeable price outside of eBay, why shouldn't other people be able to do it? I really don't know what I'd do if someone posted an auction that I was watching on FCB after working out an off ebay deal, especially if I was willing to pay more than he got.

I know I've sent more than a couple messages to eBay sellers telling them what my budget was and asking them to reconsider ending the auction early. To their credit, more often than not, they've honored their original sale outside of eBay and turned down my offer of another 50 bucks.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Huh, and I thought this was going to be a link about Glen Coffee's retirement! .......J/K! ;)

Actually, us "Prospecters" are glad to see player collectors pick up some nice cards for they're PC. Congrats!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Randy Shields said:
Huh, and I thought this was going to be a link about Glen Coffee's retirement! .......J/K! ;)

Actually, us "Prospecters" are glad to see player collectors pick up some nice cards for they're PC. Congrats!

Haha! Well you know, I am not terribly much of a football fan...

ANYWHO, thanks on the congrats guys, this was a big win for me. :lol:

I was in the edge if the seller was going to sell it off ebay... I am glad he did though

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
pootshwan said:
bouwob said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

This is the baseball card industry. People stoop MUCH lower.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Jeff N. said:
pootshwan said:
bouwob said:
TBTwinsFan said:
bouwob said:

This is the baseball card industry. People stoop MUCH lower.

Agreed

Members online

Latest posts