Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck Redemption Question: Iconic Cuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
Does anyone know if I have any chance of getting something from Upper Deck for a 2008 Iconic Cuts Exchange card? The expiration date was 12/31/2009.
I just pulled this today at my LCS, it was a cheap box for only $40. I bought 2 boxes, the first was a hot box that had 8 hits, the 2nd box I pulled this card.
I was hoping UD would have some compassion and send me something. I know some of these exchange cards are not worth much, but other can sell for several hundred dollars.
Let me know what my best course of action should be if any.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Call Upper Deck and see if they will redeem it. Their past history is hit or miss on expired redemptions...mostly miss.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Did you try typing in the code?
The last 2 expired UD redemption's I had I just typed in the code for the heck of it and they went through. Could be those are too old, or maybe it's not as lenient with the cuts.....but might be worth a shot and then if that didn't work try calling/writing.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
I tried to get on the UD site to see if I could enter the codes, but the site as been down all day. Thanks for the suggestions.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
yeah I see that it is back up, but I forgot my account is locked because the last redemption I had was so faded I couldn't read it, so I entered too many wrong codes it locked me out.
I heard about some redemptions being extended, I hope this is one of them.

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
i think upper deck needs all the positive customer service it can right now. They should be willing to do something for you... try to deal with a real person, compassion never hurts in the equation. It is easier for them to say no over the internet then have to deal with an irate person live.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
JimmyD said:
i think upper deck needs all the positive customer service it can right now. They should be willing to do something for you... try to deal with a real person, compassion never hurts in the equation. It is easier for them to say no over the internet then have to deal with an irate person live.

That is true, do you know the best phone number to call them?

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jdhaugh11 said:
JimmyD said:

That is true, do you know the best phone number to call them?
1-800-873-7332 and ask to speak with Chris Carlin.

jdhaugh11

Mar 19, 2009
I called Upper Deck and gave them the code and they said it was expired, but they said they would accept it! All I have to do is send the card in along with the case number they gave me and make a photo copy of the card for my records.
I was so excited that I forgot to ask them if they could tell me who the redemption was for, my bad!

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jdhaugh11 said:
I called Upper Deck and gave them the code and they said it was expired, but they said they would accept it! All I have to do is send the card in along with the case number they gave me and make a photo copy of the card for my records.
I was so excited that I forgot to ask them if they could tell me who the redemption was for, my bad!
Makes it even better when you get the card, it'll be a surprise.

Members online

Latest posts