Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help from those of you in or around Phoenix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
My friends and I are going to be driving up to Phoenix for the first week in March to go to some Spring Training games. We are looking for a good place to stay. we will be going to 2 games in Goodyear and one at the Royals park. does anyone have any good sugestions of reasonably priced with something to do at night at least a short cab ride away. thanks guys.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
We stayed at the Windmill Inn on Bell Rd. Halfway between Surprise (Royals and Rangers) and Peoria (Mariners and Padres) 15 minutes each way. Goodyear would be about 30 minute straight shot South (southwest). Great Hotel, clean, quaint, fair price. A lot of players families actually stay there. I met Mitch Maier's (Royals) family once. As far as something to do at night...ehhhh.

You can't go wrong getting to Scottsdale for their nightlife! Any day of the week, it's amazing! It's about 30 minutes from Peoria, though but well WELL worth any cab fare!!!!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
If you've never been to Scottsdale, it might be worth going out there, but no way do you get there in 30 minutes from the Goodyear area unless it's around 10:00 at night and you're speeding - alot. If you're looking to go clubbing, that's probably where to go.
The other party bar areas would of course be in Tempe, ASU area. (Mill St. if you like the college bars)

I'd suggest Glendale. There's plenty of stuff to do around there including plenty of sportsbars, and it's the home of the newer Cardinals stadium, so there's been lots of developments to the area since the Superbowl. The best place to stay is the Renaissance Marriot. All the bells and whistles, but I don't think there's anything wrong with Holiday Inns or LaQuintas, which you'll also find in Glendale. If you look on a map, Glendale's sort of a halfway point between Goodyear and Surprise, where the Royals play (I'm pretty sure that's where they play, and it's an awesome stadium, that's where they play the AFL Rising Stars game)

Glendale is a decent area too, which you kinda have to watch around Phoenix, because there's no bad SIDE of town, just crappy splotches here and there throughout the metro area.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
funny, rainmanesq and i are talking about going to scottsdale this spring to catch Giants Spring Training - probably the week of March 13 - March 20. It looks like we can get reasonable rooms in Scottsdale - a 3.5 star condo for $135 a night.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
thanks everyone for your help. i think we found a place within walking distance of Westgate. might be a bit more of a drive to get to the games but oh well it will be fun. i will be watching baseball by day and wasting away in margaritaville by night :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts