Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would a vintage transactions forum be worthwhile?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
It wouldn't be the busiest even if all vintage sports were lumped in there, but I'd check it regularly. I know a lot of the board focus is on prospects, but would there be enough interest for this to be worthwhile?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I would love to see one. Of all the 15 whole times checking the transaction board and hoping to find vintage, I haven't seen anything. I don't think it would hurt to put the board there, at least for a trial run of about 6 months or so and if it takes an epic nose dive then it can be done away with. I see plenty of people here that are into vintage.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I personally do not think so...

Most vintage transaction threads do very well here in the single forum.

I, for one, do not see the need. This is not to say I would not like it, but just do not see a 'need'.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
BunchOBull said:
I've noticed that vintage threads tend to get burried in there a bit, but I guess I could just search harder.

if that's what you're looking for though, it'd be nice not to have to search. Frankly even with a lot of effort it can be tough to vintage in there. A seperate forum would make that stuff easier to find and might encourage people to post the vintage they have for trade. I have a feeling there's more out there on this board that no one sees because owners don't think anyone in the regular transactions would be interested.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Maybe a transactions subforum on the vintage forum. The same thing with IP/TTM would be cool as well.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
Maybe a transactions subforum on the vintage forum. The same thing with IP/TTM would be cool as well.

That's what I was thinking, put it out there but tuck it away a bit

I wouldn't mind that at all, so long as there was one central place to see all the ft/fs vintage on the boards.

Anyone else think this might be a good idea? I don't want to be a pain for the mods, telling them what to do with their site, but if there's enough interest, I'd start a small petition in the vintage forum for a vintage transactions section. Maybe there's not the interest I'm assuming there would be though?

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I don't know that a strictly vintage transaction forum would do it. Maybe if there were a seperate transaction forum for absolutely no prospects, containing both vintage and mordern. I think that would see a lot of traffice because there are a lot of collectors on here who do not prospect. That's the only way I could see that working.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
I think it would be a great to have because it would be much easier to find vintage. The transaction board now is all modern pretty much not that I mind I just think they both deserve their own desperate forums. I say have vintage forum and then inside there have sub-forums for sports, etc.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
muskiesfan said:
I don't know that a strictly vintage transaction forum would do it. Maybe if there were a seperate transaction forum for absolutely no prospects, containing both vintage and mordern. I think that would see a lot of traffice because there are a lot of collectors on here who do not prospect. That's the only way I could see that working.

How about something even easier than that and a pre 1980 board? (Or something along those lines)

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
muskiesfan said:

This ^

I really hate sifting through all the prospect threads, when I have no interest in prospects. I would really appreciate a non-prospect transaction board... Seems like it would be a great place for PC guys.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
cgilmo said:
division of traffic is a two edged sword
Very true but it is a huge pain in the ass for us vintage collectors to use the transaction board.Our posts get bumped off the page by 15 Mike Trout posts so quick it isn't funny.
Mike

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
May be interesting to test it out for a while to see what happens.

Otherwise, is it possible to sort by transaction type (vintage, modern, prospect)? That may be most helpful, but I don't think it currently possible.

hofmichael said:
cgilmo said:
division of traffic is a two edged sword
Very true but it is a huge pain in the ass for us vintage collectors to use the transaction board.Our posts get bumped off the page by 15 Mike Trout posts so quick it isn't funny.
Mike

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I think it would be cool, but with that in mind the vintage boards have very little traffic, so an entire trading vintage board maybe have even less traffic than the vintage board itself.

Members online

Latest posts