Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No (biased) Yankees or Red Sox Fans Allowed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I've been able to catch a bunch of games over the past little while and have probably caught home-coverage of most teams.

Without a doubt, the Yankees broadcasters are the most biased schmucks out there. There's really no competing with them when it comes to straight up, "root, root, root for the home team." They're so defensive and so incredibly insecure when it comes to their ball club. If you're not a Yankees fan, you gain absolutely nothing from listening to the game w/ the sound on.

Jerry Remy and the Red Sox booth is close, especially the games when Eckersley was allowed to speak. There is a slightly likable quality about the Red Sox announcers though. When Remy went on about how he hated almost everyone, that was great. They'll call out their own players for doing something stupid and they're not constantly giving verbal handjobs to the players.

I really liked the Tigers broadcast, they seemed fair and balance with a slight tilt towards the home-team. The Phillies weren't awful. I think the Jays broadcasters are stupid, but they're stupid across the board. They'll always acknowledge a great performance without somehow relating it to their club. The difference is simple, I think. A pitcher can mystify the Blue Jays bats and it's completely his doing. If he does well, they'll hype him up. If someone does well against the Yankees, it's never the pitcher's doing. It's always "The Yankees just aren't right tonight, oh and yah, the pitcher has 15Ks."

Cabrera just hit a dinger while I was typing this, and it wasn't "See yah! Goodbye!" it was "See yah, Goodbye! ....the balls are flying out tonight." It's these little passive aggressive pokes at every other team. I think it's the main announcer that really gets me..

The Braves announcers also seem to be pretty solid, and the Cubs are hit and miss.

Does anyone else HATE listening to Yankees games? They're great to watch but damn...

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I could care less and actually find the more obnoxious announcers to be amusing. The only two I find remotely annoying are the guy for the White Sox (I think he's "The Hawk"?) and Joe Morgan on ESPN. Other than that, I just tune them out or hit the mute button.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I'm certainly no yankees fan, but I still have to disagree with you.

I am a fan of baseball, and watch almost every game I can without bias towards who is playing, Mest included. And one thing I know for sure is that all announcers have a biasness towards there team. Perhaps to slight varying degrees, but the delta is not so great it can be calculated in to a top 10 worst list or anything. But I suppose some will try...

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
The White Sox announcers are worse than either of those two teams. "Good guys 2, bad guys 1." Not to mention ANY close call is an outrage if it goes against Chicago. I can't watch.

This is true. I would rather listen to a dream duo of Joe Morgan and Tim McCarver than the White Sox broadcasters.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
TramFan3 said:
LLWesMan said:
The White Sox announcers are worse than either of those two teams. "Good guys 2, bad guys 1." Not to mention ANY close call is an outrage if it goes against Chicago. I can't watch.

This is true. I would rather listen to a dream duo of Joe Morgan and Tim McCarver than the White Sox broadcasters.

I hate Joe Morgan because he's a moron.

And yes, I can't believe I forgot about the White Sox announcers. They rival the Celtics color guys.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Johan Santana 57 said:
Uhh, maybe he said that cause its already been 3 Home runs in 2 innings, not because Cabrera isn't good?

Yah, it's not because Cabrera isn't good, but they put these little almost unnoticeable caveats at the end of anything the other team does. The cabrera thing wasn't the best example, but it was the one that happened half-way during my post.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Although I am a Red Sox fan, I can say with a straight face that Orsillo and Remy are some of the least biased broadcasters in sports. They act the same whether the Sox or the opposing team hits a HR or wins the game. They actually had a discussion earlier this year on the air about remaining neutral during broadcasts..Yankees and White Sox broadcasters on the other hand... ::facepalm::

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
LLWesMan said:

Exactly.

Harrelson is an admitted homer deluxe.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
The White Sox announcers are the absolute worst. I'm just amazed at some of the things they say.

My hometown Phillies announcers are some of the best in my opinion. Obviously, Harry Kalas can never be beat but I'd like to think that our broadcasters are some of the least biased.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Have you heard John Smoltz call a Bravos game? He's just ok....but then he drops like 2 or 3 very G rated jokes a game that are no better than what you would hear from an excited 5 year old. That, and he always talks in real specific baseball terms....I know he loses attention of the common guy checking in on a game. Chip Carey does a decent job of spreading the love, but you know what team he's rooting for.

The Tigers crew is pretty fair and balanced and I like listening to them call a game.

The A-bomb from A-Rod guy (name escapes me....Michael something right?) kills me and makes a game unbearable.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
John Buck pisses me off... I believe I was watching the World Series and whenever the Yankees would score, he would almost poop himself, and then the Phillies would do something and it was like "Player X did this... yay..."

I think he has a good voice for broadcasting, but since he is on Nationally, he needs to respect the likes of other fans. If it is a regional network, then let them do it. This is the stuff hardcore fans WANT to hear. I say WGN is a good example of bias IMO.

I may be biased when I say this but I think that the Twins arn't as biased as other teams. I may be wrong, but when I watch, they give credit to the other team's players. Yes they get excited about a home run, but when they are as exciting as last nights' or "IT'S A GRANDSLAM HOME RUN FOR KUBEL! AND THE CYCLE IS COMPLETE!" I see those as a bit different. But that is just me

Jul 30, 2009
well the time stamp on your post doesnt read April fools day so I guess you arent joking.

You really, I mean really, should watch White Sox games. The absolute worst of the worst, mega super duper homers.

The only homer-ish announcer with the Yanks is Susan Waldman and shes only radio.

No one on TV is a homer for sure, in fact, Michael Kay speaks neg. of the Yanks when it should be said.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
All teams' announcers should be biased. Just as all teams' beat writers should be biased.

There's a reason they're local and not national personalities

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
I usually put the radio on during Eagles games and listen to Merril and Mike.. But for baseball, I loved Kalas and Ashburn. They were unbiased and just great, My heart will never allow another two broadcasters in it after them two passed away.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
wow. there is alot af hatred towards my Sox. I admit they can be annoying at times but Steve Stone is very knowledgable and
well Ive been listening to Hawk for ever since I can remember so I get used to it. You just cant base your statements off of one game. If you listen to about 2 weeks straight you might have a different opinion

JoshHamilton said:
All teams' announcers should be biased. Just as all teams' beat writers should be biased.
There's a reason their local and not national personalities
I completly agree. You are watching th game for Your team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts