Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1933 Goudey "sports kings" ty cobb #1(scans added)authentic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vintagerookies51

Aug 10, 2010
tycobb2.jpg

tycobb.jpg

sorry, i didn't try to make all the extra space.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Thoes scans are really too small for me to see anything, but it it's a fake made to look old, it's a good job!

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Idk about it's authenticity.. But I do know that cropping is your best friend. The back seems dark to me, but then again I am not familiar with 33 Goudey at all.

Brian

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Your scans aren't high enough resolution to tell for sure. The ink on back doesn't look right to me (the shade of green). See if the letters on back look choppy or broken at all. A real one should have strong letters. If someone tries to artificially age it, it usually affects the ink.

Also on Goudey cards, the little circle trademark on front looks like an overprint on real cards. On fakes, the black ink looks the same as the rest of the card.

Here's a real back if it helps you compare:
!B0E-m-g!2k~$(KGrHqZ,!hQEw5JDJhVtBMYwFOosY!~~_3.jpg

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
reprint.
The 1st thing that jumps out is the borders are way too wide. Also most of the colors are off, the uniform should be more of of a light blueish gray color when compared to the border, among many other differences. The back green is off too.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I'm not much into vintage, but it's threads like these where I can learn a little that make FCB a great place to be.

Members online