Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Redemptions via eBay / eBay rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Seems to be some other eBay rants on Buyer/Seller refunds...

I have probably only bought a total of 3 or 4 redemptions on eBay ever. 2 of them have been in the last month. Both times I have pulled the card out of the mailer and redeemed online only to have it tell me that that code has already been redeemed!!!

First seller issued full refund upon my email to him. I sent 2nd seller an email tonight so we'll see what happens.

1) will Topps tell me the date that the code was first redeemed on?
2) do you think sellers intentionally list these knowing they are already redeemed?
2) is it possible that people hack codes, guess until they get one right?

Pretty pathetic that I video all my mail days now for proof of receipt. But it has saved me when people bait and switch their photo/scans. Sending OC raw card when nice centered card pictured.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Terrible this has happened to you twice. I use to buy a lot of redemptions mostly Upper Deck and have never had a problem like this

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
What a mess. Sorry to hear about that . I have rarely bought redemptions online unless the product was just released. I had bought a TON of wilmer flores and jesus montero redemptions at release and didn't have an issue. I personally would never buy a redemption of a product that has been out for more than a couple of months. I hope it works out for you bud.

skrip

DINANBBS

Aug 7, 2008
can you PM me ???

ArtVandelay said:
Seems to be some other eBay rants on Buyer/Seller refunds...

I have probably only bought a total of 3 or 4 redemptions on eBay ever. 2 of them have been in the last month. Both times I have pulled the card out of the mailer and redeemed online only to have it tell me that that code has already been redeemed!!!

First seller issued full refund upon my email to him. I sent 2nd seller an email tonight so we'll see what happens.

1) will Topps tell me the date that the code was first redeemed on?
2) do you think sellers intentionally list these knowing they are already redeemed?
2) is it possible that people hack codes, guess until they get one right?

Pretty pathetic that I video all my mail days now for proof of receipt. But it has saved me when people bait and switch their photo/scans. Sending OC raw card when nice centered card pictured.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts