Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What am I doing wrong??? Jeter 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Perhaps I value my cards more than most :D , but this is the 2nd week this card has been listed and I have received exactly 1 offer. Granted, the offer was really a slap in the face but an offer regardless. Should I include a picture of the back of the card? I am at a loss. Could it be the economic situation? I would say no as I am seeing $$$$'s thrown around on prospects that won't even make it to the show.

Suggestions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=120357609017

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
those cards just arent that attractive.
i would pay 50-75 for it. just start it at 99 cents
for 7 days and the true value today will be realized.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I was looking at the beautiful card this morning myself! I even let the people on Topps MB know that it is available on ebay. :)

I am kind of surprised it hasn't sold myself. There are lots of Jeter collectors but only one Rookie Cup Relic. I would think one of those Jeter collectors would want to be the one who owned it.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
the biggest factor may just be its a non auto 1/1 and the whole 1/1 craze has been taken to such an extreme that they become almost common to see now. be willing to bet that card will actually fetch much less than some of the tougher 90's inserts out there.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
boomo said:

You make that seem like some kind of fact, but... I love mine, and have noticed that player collectors who have them cherish theirs. In my humble opinion, these cards are both attractive and totally awesome. :D

RookieCupRelics.jpg

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Putting $300 just makes you seem greedy even if it would be kinda close to what you would actually get for the card. I'm guess I'm saying its a turn-off. I second what the person above said and just start the auction at 99 cents.

Pete14Rose

Aug 13, 2008
Virginia
1st4040 said:
the biggest factor may just be its a non auto 1/1 and the whole 1/1 craze has been taken to such an extreme that they become almost common to see now. Be willing to bet that card will actually fetch much less than some of the tougher 90's inserts out there.

I have to agree.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I wish that I could agree with you but I have seen lesser players with higher print runs sell for more than $50-$75.

boomo said:
i would pay 50-75 for it. just start it at 99 cents
for 7 days and the true value today will be realized.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I couldn't agree more.
I have the Rice 1/1 relic and I love it.

RL24 said:
boomo said:

You make that seem like some kind of fact, but... I love mine, and have noticed that player collectors who have them cherish theirs. In my humble opinion, these cards are both attractive and totally awesome. :D

RookieCupRelics.jpg

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
moxacaine said:
Rare card if a top player. Im sure if you let it ride on a .99 auction there will be a bidding war on it.

Or it could be the one week where all the heavy hitting Jeter collectors are on vacation and it sells for $50... :? That would suck...

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I guess that I don't understand the logic here.
Because I have a Buy It Now of $300 with a BO option, I am greedy?

uniquebaseballcards said:
Putting $300 just makes you seem greedy even if it would be kinda close to what you would actually get for the card. I'm guess I'm saying its a turn-off. I second what the person above said and just start the auction at 99 cents.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Try to hold off till the season starts.

Wait till Jeter has a good week.

Then auction style .99

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
sportscardtheory said:
moxacaine said:
Rare card if a top player. Im sure if you let it ride on a .99 auction there will be a bidding war on it.

Or it could be the one week where all the heavy hitting Jeter collectors are on vacation and it sells for $50... :? That would suck...

Haha, very unlikely.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
I think you just need to give it time. We just got past the expensive holidays and tax time is coming up. I would say either give it time, or wait until spring training or the season starts. I also think if you run an auction starting at .99 you won't make near what you want. Good luck with it!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I personally think it may be the picture holding it back (remember, just my opinion ;) ). I would put it into a "pretty" hard case as "high-end" cards always look great in those. Scanning the back of the card like you first mentioned is a great idea as well...I'm not too picky when I buy cards on ebay, but I always prefer the sellers who scan both sides of the card to ensure I, as a buyer, know what the full card looks like. I think you putting a best offer feature on there was wise as well...I think we will start seeing sales go a bit better soon too, especially when spring training starts.

Hope that helps :)

Alex

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I was thinking the same thing.

wideright said:
I think you just need to give it time. We just got past the expensive holidays and tax time is coming up. I would say either give it time, or wait until spring training or the season starts. I also think if you run an auction starting at .99 you won't make near what you want. Good luck with it!

Members online

Latest posts