Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indians/Royals last night (proud new fan of J. Masterson)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
Went to the Indians and Royals game last night. Offense definitely bettered the pitching as both teams almost combined for 30 hits. Anyways, Shelly Duncans homerun landed right next to my actual ticket seat but I was sitting like 20 seats over so I can be closer to the bullpen mound, dope. lol

Anyways, during BP, started up a conversation with Justin Masterson, really cool and down to earth player, talked baseball for a few minutes and also Boston, asked me where I went to school and I talked to him about it and was told that he has a friend who actually studies or researches at my school (dealing with rats and such) which is really cool. Just a good player and person from this experience. And I asked him to get me a ball during BP and sign it for me which he did, very nice as I'll definitely be bringing this with me to school.

And as for the Hafner Ball, long story short. idiot me for not having my blue ballpoint ready and having a kid toss his sharpie to Hafner for use. Guess that's what I get for not being ready. Anyways, the Hafner BP ball is available (since its sharpied) if anyones interested, not the Masterson tho
DSC00696.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
MASTERSON ball looks sweet. Nice personal touch on it for you.

Just seeing the two together. How anyone goes with sharpie on a baseball is beyond me.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
I have been a HUGE Masterson fan since day 1. I really wish he was still with the Sox, as it would be awesome to have him back as the long reliever in the bullpen [yes, I do believe he is meant to be a long reliever.]

I'm glad you had a chance to talk with him, I hope to meet him someday. Nice ball too :cool:

EDIT: Here are a few of my Mastersons; I will continue collecting him one I find a job. Probably try to obtain all of his Red Sox cards...

masterson08bcref.jpg
masterson08bcxref.jpg
mastersonredhotrc.jpg
mastersonstadiumclubauto.jpg
bostonredsox-1.jpg

If anyone has any Mastersons [Red Sox uni] that they would like to trade or sell then please LMK! :mrgreen:

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
TBTwinsFan said:
I just pulled a Masterson MiLB card out of my break... I already have him TTM on the same card... If you want it PM me, you can have it.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm good. The ball will suffice

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
cardinals0103 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
I just pulled a Masterson MiLB card out of my break... I already have him TTM on the same card... If you want it PM me, you can have it.

I meant the blank card, not the TTM.

Nice ball though! It is always cool having an experience like that

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
TBTwinsFan said:
cardinals0103 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

I meant the blank card, not the TTM.

Nice ball though! It is always cool having an experience like that

yeah sur eis nice to talk to them once a while and strike a conversation beyond the superficial hi how are you doing type of deal.

Members online

Latest posts