Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roger Clemens Charged With Perjury

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I guess spending our taxpayer dollars on this type of case is more important then helping out the homeless in our country..

Even if they find him guilty, will it change anything? NO.. He was convicted in the media and publics opinion awhile ago..

Just shows the wasteful government spending in our country is still going on.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Pinbreaker said:
I guess spending our taxpayer dollars on this type of case is more important then helping out the homeless in our country..

Even if they find him guilty, will it change anything? NO.. He was convicted in the media and publics opinion awhile ago..

You can't actually think, that with the Govt. we have, that anything worthwhile is going to get done? (I just don't like Government, we need it but not with these people).

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. The Govt. that cares about people will be around in 50+ years.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Perjury isn't important enough to criminally prosecute?

Pinbreaker said:

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Pinbreaker said:

I think it is well worth my taxpayer dollars if sending him to jail for a while will help MLB clean up the game. Convicting a huge name like Clemens will surely grab the players attention. While it might not make everyone quit using PED's, I suspect it will definately make them think twice that noone is above the law and that may go a long way in helping. Just my take I guess.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
You make some great points. I couldn't agree more

Pinbreaker said:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Interesting fact of the day:

Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa will all be eligible for the HOF in 2013.

Some jokes write themselves.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Pinbreaker said:

Yeah! I mean, what is the point of trying someone that lied under oath?! The deed is already done and nothing is solved!

For that matter, why waste our money trying murderers! I mean, they already killed the person! We could use that money to give someone some cheese. Maybe some stale bread.

And all of these criminal CEOs! They already stole all the money! Why bother? I mean, we could use that money to feed some homeless guy's dog!

And don't get me started on the idiocy of the trial against the Rosenbergs! The secrets were already sold to the Russians! We could have used that money to give every American a free mouse pad with a picture of Mike with his cuddly little kitty!

pitt23

Aug 7, 2008
Houston
Therion said:
Pinbreaker said:

Yeah! I mean, what is the point of trying someone that lied under oath?! The deed is already done and nothing is solved!

For that matter, why waste our money trying murderers! I mean, they already killed the person! We could use that money to give someone some cheese. Maybe some stale bread.

And all of these criminal CEOs! They already stole all the money! Why bother? I mean, we could use that money to feed some homeless guy's dog!

And don't get me started on the idiocy of the trial against the Rosenbergs! The secrets were already sold to the Russians! We could have used that money to give every American a free mouse pad with a picture of Mike with his cuddly little kitty!

Therion - You've been thanked.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if someone knowingly lied about my involvement in a crime then I would want them prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Being a false witness or lying to law enforcement/government agencies is not something that should be taken lightly. If it is allowed it would seriously undermine our justice system. Otherwise our criminal court system becomes even more screwed up than it already is.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
pitt23 said:
Therion said:
Pinbreaker said:

Therion - You've been thanked.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if someone knowingly lied about my involvement in a crime then I would want them prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Being a false witness or lying to law enforcement/government agencies is not something that should be taken lightly. If it is allowed it would seriously undermine our justice system. Otherwise our criminal court system becomes even more screwed up than it already is.

Why didn't he just keep his mouth shut again?

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Roger Clemens = top 10 pitcher All Time! Period! IMO

I could care less about anything else. And I was never a fan of him or his teams.

Most players in that 20 year frame did PED's, and many trying to reach that level did too. I saw it first hand.
So what...., and they lie about it because of "fans" like some of you who think its so unfair. PEDs are not the reason players got stronger and broke records,... its their million dollar home gyms and taking better care of their bodies that put that ball over the fence or topping 95 mph daily.
How many modern players eat greasy crap, chain smoke cigarettes, or get loaded with booze after every game like Ruth, DiMaggio, Mantle, etc. ? Not many, obviously. But for every single era before 1980, it was common practice. How much better of a player would have DiMaggio or Williams been if they actually lifted a weight in their lifetime, ate healthy, or did endurance/strength training? Take a look at their bodies sometime, they are all sickly and weak looking by todays athletes standards. Even players up into the 1970s have this look. Take a look at Basketball players over the decades (as its easy to see body development), compare a modern Basketball players body with one from the 1960-70s, .......no PEDs in that sport too?

Home Gyms is the reason, not PEDs

Every era has its advantages and disadvantages... a pitcher on PEDs facing a batter on PEDs is not much of one IMO.
More of an advantage (stat wise) is something like Ruth not playing night games or against Latinos, Asians, Blacks or closers, or even Mantle and all his buddies on greenies, 1900 era players like Cobb, Wagner, Young on cocaine, etc.
....some advantages/disadvantages were uncontrollable (ie Ruth mentioned above) but its still something that need to be taken into consideration when comparing players from different eras.

I never judge players off the field, I believe Rose, J. Jackson, Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, etc. should all be in the Hall of Fame with their numbers alone.

Gaylord Perry "cheated" too, ...so what

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
enough about steroids already. People need to move on and stop wasting time and money on trials for these guys.

Members online

Latest posts