Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to Camden Yards tonight, any suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
so I am in DC right now for work. Going down to Baltimore tonight for the Rangers Vs Orioles game. Where are some good places to eat? What should I do when I get to the stadium?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
brianga26 said:
so I am in DC right now for work. Going down to Baltimore tonight for the Rangers Vs Orioles game. Where are some good places to eat? What should I do when I get to the stadium?

As a beloved Oriole fan, my tradition going before the Orioles games is to go to Pickles / Sliders (bars) which is across from the stadium. Cheap beers (compared to the stadium's $7.50 beers) are between $2-4, and there are two good tents right next to the bars. Thick burgers and juicy dogs/sausages are availble - they are much better than the stadium food. Actually one of the tents offer crab cakes as well...

I will be going to the game as well - might be at Sliders / Pickles around 6pm. I will be in sandals, blue shorts and 1983 Orioles jersey of Cal Ripken. ;)

Let me know if you have any questions - you can bring food to the stadium if you want.

If you prefer something else, you should go to Inner Harbor which is about 10 minute walk from the stadium - plentiful of food and great scenery of the city...

voteEjordan

Jul 10, 2010
Washington DC
Look for the Griffey HR plaque - where Griffey hit the warehouse during the home run derby. You'll see all the others on the ground in the sidewalk behind rightfield. Then turn around and go to Boog's BBQ.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
voteEjordan said:
Look for the Griffey HR plaque - where Griffey hit the warehouse during the home run derby. You'll see all the others on the ground in the sidewalk behind rightfield. Then turn around and go to Boog's BBQ.

Boog's BBQ isn't that great - too expensive... If you want stadium food, go check Attman's Deli down the warehouse (passing the HR floor plaques).

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Without a doubt, eat and drink outside the stadium before the game. There should be a good crowd at both Pickles and Sliders before the game with the good weather, a Friday night happy hour crowd, and a little more enthusiasm at the games now with the new skipper. Both bars are located within a pitching wedge of the left field gate, so one can hang there right up until game time if one chooses to.

Once inside, stroll Eutaw Street in center field to take in the ballpark atmosphere, and enter the seating bowl through the flag court in right field and talk a walk around the field in the walkway seperating the box seats from the reserved seats to get a good feel for the stadium.

I will be there as well. Enjoy the game and the experience.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Not much of a game, but I hope you enjoyed the experience. The only highlight was watching Showalter get his first ejection as the Oriole's manager. I also think that was Markakis' first career ejection. Both of them should have gotten more for their money, the strike zone seemed to be a moving target all night.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
If you want a sit-down meal, we went to Mo's during our trip to the National. It was featured on No Reservations on the travel channel. They really do have great food, but it's absurdly expensive.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
enjoyed Camden Yards. So much better than my home stadium (Turner) Was amazed that the ushers weren't ****** bags like they are in Atlanta. Very accommodating.
I enjoyed it. Our seats were great. Josh Hamilton was a signing machine. Signed for like 10 mins (unheard of!!).
And the ushers didn't shoo away autograph hunters an 1 hour before game time (they do in Atlanta)
Very great experience

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
The pretzels there are the best of the 19 ballparks I've been to, they're located on the first base side. And the BBQ beef place beyond the outfield was a big disappointment... I love BBQ and it was a huge let-down.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
piggy1918 said:
The pretzels there are the best of the 19 ballparks I've been to, they're located on the first base side. And the BBQ beef place beyond the outfield was a big disappointment... I love BBQ and it was a huge let-down.

I agree with you about Boog's BBQ - my wife only likes the turkey there except the beef. I won't buy anything there - I prefer those thick juicy $4.50 burgers next to Sliders / Pickles bars... ;)

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
brianga26 said:
enjoyed Camden Yards. So much better than my home stadium (Turner) Was amazed that the ushers weren't ****** bags like they are in Atlanta. Very accommodating.
I enjoyed it. Our seats were great. Josh Hamilton was a signing machine. Signed for like 10 mins (unheard of!!).
And the ushers didn't shoo away autograph hunters an 1 hour before game time (they do in Atlanta)
Very great experience

Hamilton indeed was a signing machine, he took care of a lot of people in a short amount of time. My son was able to get a ball signed, but he did not sign any balls on the sweet spot:Joshhamilton.jpg

The ushers have really let up in the last few years. They were real accomodating when Ripken was playing, and then turned into real jackasses after his retirement (all of this I assume is coming from the front office) but have relaxed things again the past couple of years.

Glad you had a good time.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
i did. .I really like that place. We were about 20 ft from Hamilton, we had first row. the only real beef I had with the ushers was we had our feet up on the brick.. a big NO NO apparently

Members online

Latest posts