Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sickels' Padres Top 20 Prospects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
i loved this line

"4) Kellen Kulbacki, OF, Grade B: The Winner of the 2009 Josh Willingham Award, given to a guy who can really f**king hit, but who doesn’t get as much respect as he deserves due to lack of tools."

And ouch with this one.
20) Will Venable, OF, Grade C: Looks like a fourth outfielder.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
I like what he said about Kulbacki, so true. If Kulbacki could get a call up this year I'd be psyched, I'm holding nothing, I just like how he plays.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
moxacaine said:
i loved this line

And ouch with this one.
20) Will Venable, OF, Grade C: Looks like a fourth outfielder.

Seriously Sickels, Venable must be the winner of the 2009 Rodney Dangerfield Award, because you're giving the guy NO RESPECT! I guarantee he works his way into the OF this season.

Derek2011

Aug 7, 2008
Bainbridge,PA
braves2008champs said:
:D

+1 to the comments about Kellen.

His shoulder is better now, as an fyi to anyone who wants an update

He's reporting very soon to get an early start with the shoulder. I believe a past winner of the Willingham award was Kevin Kouzmanoff :oops:

I like seeing Blanks up there along with the local boy Kulbacki

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
masonphillip said:
No kidding, especially since he played OK when called up last year!

I was thinking the same thing. His numbers don't scream it, but I saw him play a few times and he didn't look like a 4th outfielder to me.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I think Kulbacki will be good, no faith in other position players.

Dacker? Please. Padres had that with Paul McAnulty.

I'd put Carrillo up there if he recovers ok. Very live arm.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
How is Denker not in the top 20? He was #17 in the much stronger Giants system but cant crack the top 20 here.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
I guess you guys would rather go by Bowman's scouting reports. Whatever makes you feel better about your cards, right?

Call me crazy, but I believe in Sickels and what hes been doing over the past 20 years. I might have been banned from his site a good 10 times, but it was never because I didn't think he didn't know what he was talking about.

Members online

Latest posts