Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

3 more HOF auto pickups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Picked these three autographs up throughout the summer, with the last one arriving yesterday. This brings my current total to 208 different HOF autos.

1. Al Simmons (1902-1956, HOF 1953)
Real name Aloisius Szymanski, he was a great hitting otufielder for the Philadelphia A's and several other teams, compiling a .334 lifetime average. This is a nice large sig on a government postcard.
Simmons.jpg

2. Arky Vaughan (1912-1952, HOF 1985)
He compiled a .406 career OBP with the Pirates and Dodgers. According to Bill James, Vaughan is the second greatest shortstop in history behind only Honus Wagner. This is a rather starnge cut, but it is slabbed and the auto itself is immaculate.
Vaughan.jpg

3. Charles Comiskey (1859-1931, HOF 1939)
Comiskey is well known as a long-time owner of the Chicago White Sox, but he was also a long time player and manager and all-around founder and innovator of the game. This letter was signed by him only a few months short of his death, and you can see that the auto is quite shaky. It also has a large smudge, but it came with the original envelope and is now one of my favorite pieces (I love letters, and check out the group buy price he gave to the recipient!)
Comiskey.jpg

Thanks for looking. The quest for #209 begins in earnest.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Those are incredible pieces. Love the Comiskey letter the best. Such a great way of writing letters back then. GL on #209! You're HOF auto collection is stunning as far as you've gotten. Well done.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Holy guacamole!!!! I love Simmons signature!!

208 that is fantastic.

I was tracking your collection vs. mine but lost track ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: Who you targeting next Wayne?

I'm sitting on 184 with my eyes wide on 185.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks guys! I really never imagined that I would amass this many autos when I got started (and MaineMule sent me a Lou Boudreau 3x5 to help)!

Scott-I still need Duffy, Heilmann, and Klein. After those, it starts to get verrrrrrrry pricey!

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Mighty Bombjack said:
Thanks guys! I really never imagined that I would amass this many autos when I got started (and MaineMule sent me a Lou Boudreau 3x5 to help)!

Scott-I still need Duffy, Heilmann, and Klein. After those, it starts to get verrrrrrrry pricey!

...you sure picked up steam after the Boudreau ;)

I actually have Duffy....... I'll keep my eyes open for you for these.

Members online