Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

been wondering about these questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
#1) how is Drew Stubbs still in the majors?
He is batting .237 with an OBP of .299 and has 9 Ks in his last 4 games and has 57 RBIs in almost 400 at bats and has struck out 125 times.

#2) Phil Hughes has a good chance to win 20 games this year. What other pitchers would be a shoe-in to win 20 games if they were on the Yanks?

I came up with Buchholz and Hanson off the top of my head....what guy do you think would win 20 ?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Even though his ERA is too high, I don't think Hughes has been that bad this season.

The guy who beat NY last nite would lead off my 20 game winner list. Cahill doens't get much help either.

And if he got some run support from that line-up, Hamels would be a Cy Young frontrunner. I couldn't find his run support stat, but I know the Phils haven't scored in any of the last 20 innings he's pitched.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
To Q #1.

I just think they are being patient with him, and allowing him to fully mature at the MLB level.

To @ #2.

Probablly 50% of the #1 & #2 starters in MLB.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
EricInCT said:
#1) how is Drew Stubbs still in the majors?
He is batting .237 with an OBP of .299 and has 9 Ks in his last 4 games and has 57 RBIs in almost 400 at bats and has struck out 125 times.

#2) Phil Hughes has a good chance to win 20 games this year. What other pitchers would be a shoe-in to win 20 games if they were on the Yanks?

I came up with Buchholz and Hanson off the top of my head....what guy do you think would win 20 ?

David Price is going to win 20 games this year and he DOESN'T play for the Yankees.

Members online