Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

East Coast National Pickups - Pee Wee, Donnie, and MANTLE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Went to the ECN yesterday, not expecting to buy much of anything. Well I was wrong haha.

First I picked up a Don Mattingly "Donnie Baseball" Autographed Ball (PSA) for my collection.

IMG_0173.jpg

Then I went and saw a table full of cut autographs in stacks. There were some nice ones in there Drysdale, Musial, etc, but a little overpriced. I found a Pee Wee Reese cut that looked great and snagged it. I am related to him so it is cool to pick up a few things of him. I like how it also says "Good Luck" and that it is a big sized cut.

IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0172.jpg

Then, before I was leaving, Josh (Trademhigh) spotted a Mantle Autograph that I had seen at the National. Randy Shields had this amazing 1952 8x10 Blow Up with a nice bold auto. Randy was attached to his and wouldn't sell it. I was bummed since we knew there were not that many out there from talking with him. So when Josh told me there was one, I jumped at this opportunity since I waited too long on Randy's. Turns out the guy had 2 of them! I picked the one I liked better and here it is! Already came framed with suede matting, as well as JSA authentication. It's even better since the frame matches my ball cases.

Mantle1.jpg
Mantle2.jpg
Mantle3.jpg

Thanks for the look!

Tom

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
1951 Bowman & 1952 Topps reprints signed by Mantle sell for nice premiums. If you got it for under $400 you did great in my opinion.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
Jastermereel said:
1951 Bowman & 1952 Topps reprints signed by Mantle sell for nice premiums. If you got it for under $400 you did great in my opinion.

Yes, I have not seen a 1951, although that would be cool to own both!

I did get it under 400 and am very happy since that included framing, authentication, and the piece itself.

Thanks!

Tom

Members online

Latest posts