Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ryan kalish question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
i was just checking completed listing for kalish's 08 chrome auto cards and it seems as though the prices fell out on them. i sold an x-fractor the week of the natinoal and sold it for 60$ delivered now it looks like people cant sniff 30$ on a sale, and he's rockin in beantown??? thoughts comments....

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
coltsnsox07 said:
Yeah he and Nava had their little window.

I think the clear difference is Kalish isn't going to just have a "little window"-he's a guy that I could see in the Sox OF for quite a while.

Nava, on the other hand, doesn't seem to figure in their long term plans like Kalish. Just my 2 cents.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
The Sox have had to use so many rookies this year, those windows close quickly. How's Navarro selling?

I agree with the above, though, I think Kalish gets the regular nod next year after they trade Ellsbury.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
well if u believe that Kalish will be here for the long hall it might be wise to reinvest if prices get very low. He will have his cards go up more if he doesnt hit the markers to not be considered a rookie next year. If he is still considered a rookie next year his cards could increase if he gets offto a good start.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Peter Gammons was asked about him on the radio today. When asked if he felt Kalish could have long term potential in Boston he said yes and that he believes he could be a player along the lines of Carl Crawford and Jason Werth. I would imagine if the Red Sox dont sign, well Jason Werth, Kalish will be the starting right fielder after JD Drew leaves.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
Peter Gammons was asked about him on the radio today. When asked if he felt Kalish could have long term potential in Boston he said yes and that he believes he could be a player along the lines of Carl Crawford and Jason Werth. I would imagine if the Red Sox dont sign, well Jason Werth, Kalish will be the starting right fielder after JD Drew leaves.
I would be content with him starting LF next season, along with Ellsbury in CF and Drew in RF (I assume Drew is signed through 2011/12?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Not sure about anyone else, but I didn't see much of a window. There was a VERY small uptick in base chromes, refractors, and xfrators, but for the most part, everything was so flooded by 1 or 2 sellers that most auctions saw only marginal increases.

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
bballcardkid said:
everything was so flooded by 1 or 2 sellers that most auctions saw only marginal increases.

As one of the flooders, I had a great ROI based on original buy ins. The best sales were both off ebay deal for the BC Red AU and a SOTF BGS 10 AU. Because of the call-up, I was also able to complete the Donruss Threads By The Letter, and I have already bought back a few parallels. I think this could actually be a case where the initial call up won't be the peak price.

Members online

Latest posts