Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I've yet to watch Strikeforce: Houston.....but

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
......From everything I've read it seems that King Mo and Bobby Lashley were exposed pretty nicely.

I've said from the start Lashley was one big chisled *****. He just doesn't seem to me like he has any toughness at all. And tonight he left the arena on a stretcher from what I read after quitting between rounds. I am sure he'll blame it on the weight cut. But I never have or never will have any confidence in this jokester. He'll never be a contender. I just love his 'mean' looks too. They're soo cheesy. He has to TRY to make a mean face. His eyes get all big, it's funny.

And Mo, he was a nice guy the two times I've met him, and I couldn't believe he beat Mousasi, but I really had no preconcieved notion on him.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I just watched the fight on youtube,Lashley was kicking his butt until Griggs caught him after the standup,now some of those punches from Griggs with about 10 seconds were to the back of the head.I counted 2-3 for sure.

Why were they stood up?Lashley was aggresive!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Bornagaincollector said:
I just watched the fight on youtube,Lashley was kicking his butt until Griggs caught him after the standup,now some of those punches from Griggs with about 10 seconds were to the back of the head.I counted 2-3 for sure.

Why were they stood up?Lashley was aggresive!

I just watched it, with 53 seconds to go, Lashley just comes in close from the mount and is just hugging him, like he's content to just lay there and let some time expire, that's why they were stood up.

He has no cardio plain and simple. He is too muscle bound to be successful in MMA. He needs to drop some of it. Just like Todd Duffee and Pudz. They're too muscular for their own good. Hell, Lesnar isn't anywhere near as cut and bulging in MMA as he was in pro wrestling. It's just not going to work for these guys in MMA.

I mean look, right when the ref stands them up, Lashley is exhausted. He takes his sweet time getting up, then without the refs encouragement he turns his back and walks away because his eye is cut, then the ref calls for a doctor. What is that stuff? He just wanted a breather.

Lashley just isn't going to cut it in MMA. Just look at the expression on his face with 33 seconds to go in the 2nd round. He knows he is done for, and wants to quit right then.

And I don't see how you could tell if any of Griggs hammerfists were hitting him in the back of the head from the camera angles I seen. When the majority of them are being thrown right at the end of the round, the camera is right on Griggs back and you can't even see Lashleys head or shoulders.

AND I DON'T SEE HOW IT IS AN UPSET!!!!

Wouldn't Lashley have to be GOOD in the first place for it to be an upset?

And this ***** left the arena on a stretcher after THIS fight? I was expecting him to get brutalized and take some huge blows, but no, Frank Mir took 95% more of a pounding against Lesnar in both of those fights than Lashley took here, AND HE WON ONE!

Lashley's a bum, he might as well go back to something else he sucked at, pro wrestling.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
AND DAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!

KING MO WAS BRUTALIZED WITH THOSE ELBOWS!

Man, he just fell right over when Rafael let go when the ref stopped it.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Lashley looked AWFUL, he needs to give MMA up!!! King Mo had some nice slams and got caught with a couple of very well placed knees. Jacare V. Kennedy was decent fight too.

What did you think of the Gurgel V. Noons fight?
1) The punch after the bell
2) The illegal knee

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
seanho2309 said:
Lashley looked AWFUL, he needs to give MMA up!!! King Mo had some nice slams and got caught with a couple of very well placed knees. Jacare V. Kennedy was decent fight too.

What did you think of the Gurgel V. Noons fight?
1) The punch after the bell
2) The illegal knee

I'll have to watch the Noons fight still.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I don't know if the audio's off on this or not, but the 'after the bell' wasn't really after the bell at all on here. They were just swinging until the bell rang. Legal in my book. Fight until you hear the bell. Don't stop before it.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
And it was an obvious illegal knee, but the ref was already coming into break it up before it was thrown, so it really can't be held against him at that point.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I enjoyed the event. Been a Jacare fan for a while. He's got a very bright future.

seanho2309

Aug 11, 2008
Cibolo, TX
Sam Banks said:
And it was an obvious illegal knee, but the ref was already coming into break it up before it was thrown, so it really can't be held against him at that point.

I think the ref was horrible. Gurgel took a definite illegal knee. The punch was borderline as I watched it over a couple of times myself. However, with that said the punch definitely had an affect on Gurgel in Round 2.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Kennedy was ROBBED! Seriously bro, the only thing (& I mean only thing) that Jarcar did to 1up T.Kennedy was gave him a busted eye....The stats for the fight were all in Kennedy's favor (hell Jarcar had 0 takedowns)! I liked Kennedy's speech at the end (about his "love" for the judges) :lol: I think there will be a rematch on the horizon as that was a very controversial decision (a "Shogun/Machida Part One"-type of controversy)!

King Mo stated at the end of the bout that he knew exactly what he needed to work on but he didn't want to reveal it at that time... IMO Mo's downfall was allowing his opponent to draw him out of his game plan as Mo was just fine until the crowd began getting restless with the extended "feeling out process". R.Cavalcante basically baited Mo in because Rafael seemed perfectly comfortable with moving back & away from Mo, the whole while only looking to counter & making it a rather unexciting fight...King Mo should've been resilient & stuck to his "strike & back away" type of fight plan & made Cavalcante be the one to bring the action to him (regardless if this was causing for a "boring" fight), after all King Mo was the champ at the time so Calvalcante had to beat him; not the other way around! It seems as though Mo wanted to put on an exciting performance for the fan's & although it ended up being pretty exciting finish, it cost King Mo the title! :benson:

Oh & Sam, the reason Lesnar isn't as cut/big as he was in his WWE days probably has more to do with laying off the needles/steroids (as they are frowned upon in MMA, whereas the WWE probably dispense's the stuff to the wrestler's)! :lol:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I see where Lashley said he was dehydrated.

Well, lose some of that muscle mass and it wouldn't affect you so much.

Probably wouldn't have to cut at all.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Good fights. I didnt see the fights live but watched them all afterwards.

Man KJ really blasted Gurgel nice. The knee (looked more like a shin was illegal) but the fight was over by then. Its obvious KJ was expecting Jorge to stand up and instead he only got partially up.

I guess Lashley was exposed.
For what I am not sure because i doubt anyone has thought he is a top 10 HW.
He just needs to learn to take a punch. It may never happen though!
If he cant, then he will only do well in dominant positions that hes controls.
This is the problem I see with wrestlers and BJJ guys frequently.
They spend their whole lives doing this ONE thing, and then when they enter MMA, they have some early success until they run into a guy who has no problem taking one to give one.
Same reason I am not sold on Bader or Lesnar yet. I havent seen Bader take a REALLY good shot and go through it and Lesnar still covers up and looks entirely non-confident in his stand up (which is why I think JDS actually has a chance vs Brock).

But I admit I enjoy the cards SF puts on.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I have no problem looking past WWE/WWF backgrounds of Lesnar and Lashley. To me Lashley is just a very good college wrestler that is moving to MMA. He's still very raw and was exposed something fierce as soon as his opponent was able to sprawl and stop his take down attempts. The MAJOR red flag I noticed was the look on his face when he saw his own blood. I never saw him in the WWE so I don't know if he was "cut" but when it was "real" the look in his eyes was almost horror. He's a HW and they gas, that's a dime-a-dozen. Not being able to handle the site of your own blood may not be something he can overcome.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
kdailey4315 said:
I have no problem looking past WWE/WWF backgrounds of Lesnar and Lashley. To me Lashley is just a very good college wrestler that is moving to MMA. He's still very raw and was exposed something fierce as soon as his opponent was able to sprawl and stop his take down attempts. The MAJOR red flag I noticed was the look on his face when he saw his own blood. I never saw him in the WWE so I don't know if he was "cut" but when it was "real" the look in his eyes was almost horror. He's a HW and they gas, that's a dime-a-dozen. Not being able to handle the site of your own blood may not be something he can overcome.

Entirely possible. Some fighters freak out when they see their own blood. Others just say oh shoot, I better try and finish this guy before the dr stops the fight.

Latest posts