Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Panini bringing Crown Royale back to football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Hadn't seen anyone post anything about this yet, so here it is.
No link to the Sell-sheet, but it's here at the magazine-exchange.

http://magazine-exchange.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3

A little disappointed as it seems they used stickers. The basketball release was beautiful and contained all on-card auto's. Sure people will also criticize how "busy" the other designs are, and not sure why there aren't more die-cut inserts (again like b-ball), but anyway you can take a look yourself.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Not too shabby. Crown Royale was always a great set back when Pacific was in its heyday. It will be interesting to see if this can live up to its namesake.

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
i seen some pictures on another site and personally, i think these look awful. They are way too busy looking for my taste.

I really question Panini's designers as all their products are sub par! All they are doing is making Topps look smart.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm not usually a "ONE HIT PER PACK" fan but I gotta admit I'm intrigued. I wish the autos were on-card to really make it sweet. I'll probably let someone rip it for $25 per, and then pick up the singles I want for under $5. :lol:

I've always liked the set design. One of my big regrets is selling off a bunch of the good 1998 Crown Royale rookies. I should have gotten the Manning and Ward graded. :(

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Not sure about everyone else... but this is what I think of when it comes to base Crown Royale cards.......

!B0(sQ8gBWk~$(KGrHqQOKi4E)VpEW9m3BM,DwSibZQ~~_3.jpg

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
That is the design that pops into my head when I hear the words Crown Royale as well. Love those cards.

01crownroyalelimitedseries.png

Members online

Latest posts