Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scanning Problems- HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I've got 2 different scanners:

Epson Stylus Photo RX500
HP Photosmart C4780

Even though it's about 7 years old, I actually like the Epson much better, especially the software and interface.

Anyway I'm having extreme difficulty scanning cards with silver foil fronts. Some refractors are fine, others not so good. The silver-faced cards typically turn out really dark, like charcoal. I'm using Photoshop to clean them up, but I just can't get them to look good at all. (Maybe there's a method of improving them in Photoshop where'd they'd be ok, but I'm unaware.)

Ideas or suggestions? I've tried elevating them off the glass, adjusting resolution, leaving he lid up, and several things in Photoshop.

I'm really in need of some help here!

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Don't know if you tried or if it will make a difference, but I find refractors pop more when you scan horizontally, maybe try that? I've also noticed with my scanner sometimes the reflective surfaces scan differently at different places on the bed. I get that grey reflection at the top and colors seem to pop better towards the middle or bottom.

Might just be my old scanner, but maybe one of these'll help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts