Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should fighting be banned in the NHL?

Should the NHL ban fighting?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
With the recent death of the young hockey player during a fight,the age old debate has been stirred up again.

Should the NHL ban fighting?

G

Not directed at you, Brook. Just saying...

It's part of the game.

Are you going to eliminate checking also? There's a risk involved with that also.
While we're at it, get rid of slap shots, because there's a chance that the puck might elevate.
No blocking shots either, etc, etc, etc.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
NO.

it is a shame what happened and a freak accident, but you can't ban fighting the game just wouldn't be the same.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
100% Absolutely Positively NO.

It is a HUGE part of the game.

Anyone know how many players actually DIED from a Hockey fight since its existance? A serious question I am curious as to see how many it can possibly be.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
you boys get worked up much :lol:

I don't think I said I want them to ban fighting boys,just curious what some American fans thought...Fighting always seems to get blamed as to why hockey won't get more coverage in the US market...Hockey fights are a major part of hockey now and the game wouldn't be the same without it..most fans get more excited for a fight than a goal. nice to see we all agree on this topic

MetsCollector456

Aug 7, 2008
East Haven, CT
Toughest guys in the league - Georges LaRoque, Donald Brashear, and Colton Orr. Riley Cote thinks he can compete with these fellas but every time he tangos with them, he get mauled. Badly.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I think it is stupid that they are even discussing it..... let's get to the point, raise your hand if when you go to a game you hope for a fight???? Heck I would like to see an all out brawl!!!!! lol :D but seriously it's sad that the young hockey player loss his life and I do hope they look into making it more safe.

But I will say if they take fighting out of the game I will no longer watch... and I am serious, really they need to stop toying with the game and larger nets, etc come on...... THE NHL is fantastic the way it is.

My take on it.

Shep :ugeek:

Terry

Aug 11, 2008
The Swamp
There was yet another incident in the AHL last night... the vid is on TSN.ca

There was a fight in the Philadelphia Phantoms game, and the Phantoms guy got hit in the face 3 times and fell to the ice. He had a seizure and had to be taken off the ice by stretcher.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
yea I saw that last night..buddy took a couple of mean shots to the face...eyes rolled back into head and then the seizure.

fighting will be banned...it will happen and the sad thing is Insurance companies will be the ones forcing it...might not happen tomorrow but it will happen. I hope it doesn't but it might be out of the NHL's hands.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Terry said:
There was yet another incident in the AHL last night... the vid is on TSN.ca

There was a fight in the Philadelphia Phantoms game, and the Phantoms guy got hit in the face 3 times and fell to the ice. He had a seizure and had to be taken off the ice by stretcher.

Yeah I seen that! Horrible just horrible, I hear he was released from the Hospital and will be just fine :).

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hockey is a combination of two sports for me. Hockey and Boxing on Ice. As a kid, going to the local minor league hockey games, I always loved to see a good fight, and still do to this day. It gets the adrenaline pumping. Of course though, you hate to see somebody get seriously hurt or worse - but there's just as much of a chance of injury from a hard check, exhaustion/dehydration, or other elements in the game.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Card Magnet said:
Hockey is a combination of two sports for me. Hockey and Boxing on Ice. As a kid, going to the local minor league hockey games, I always loved to see a good fight, and still do to this day. It gets the adrenaline pumping. Of course though, you hate to see somebody get seriously hurt or worse - but there's just as much of a chance of injury from a hard check, exhaustion/dehydration, or other elements in the game.

+1.

Members online