Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Finest Redemption #10 is Ryan Kalish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
cgilmo said:
How did topps screw anyone over?

People were speculating that 10 would be a stras auto, and it didn't happen. Frankly, it was a suckers bet.

ok they didnt screw anyone over but to not the only auto being 10% of Heyward was kind of lame.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
cgilmo said:

People were speculating that 10 would be a stras auto, and it didn't happen. Frankly, it was a suckers bet.
It wasn't a suckers bet at first....but when it was apparent that Topps was going to screw the pooch and not release any Stras RCs while Stras was actually pitching in his rookie year and they were going to SP everything or make them inserts, then it became a suckers bet.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:

It wasn't a suckers bet at first....but when it was apparent that Topps was going to screw the pooch and not release any Stras RCs while Stras was actually pitching in his rookie year and they were going to SP everything or make them inserts, then it became a suckers bet.

no, it was always a suckers bet

an $80 ticket for a less than 10% chance at it being strasburg, and then the fantastic longshot that was the possibility of it being a strasburg autograph.

I'd rather just buy the bowman and call it a day.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
I'm with Mox on this one. One of the redemptions should have been a Strasburg, auto or not. I say Topps screwed the pooch on this one. Instead they put out a million Strasburg refractors in the Walmart value boxes.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
cmnkb8 said:
bigalbert said:
I'm with Mox on this one. One of the redemptions should have been a Strasburg, auto or not. I say Topps screwed the pooch on this one. Instead they put out a million Strasburg refractors in the Walmart value boxes.

Finest #6 was Strasburg....

and people blue right past that stubbornly thinking 10 would be a stras auto

kobechromecom

Jun 18, 2010
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
bigalbert said:

Braindead :benson: please excuse my error.

Personally I was hoping for a Jackson auto.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
bigalbert said:
cmnkb8 said:
bigalbert said:

Braindead :benson: please excuse my error.

Nothing against you, but this proves gilmo's point exactly.

You're probably not the only one who "forgot." Because, guess what...there HAS to be an auto coming!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
who cares about stras now that he is hurt?

more importantly to topps is how many more stras cards are they going to have to
give away on the MCG to sell the rest of those 300 dollars autographs?? Looks like
they are having a hard time selling those! I have also seen a rise in the number of
people getting those cards with they enter their code......hmmmmmmm

but as far as #10 goes...hahahahahahahahah

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Always a crapshoot. Topps has created the expectation that #10 will be an auto but that is never guaranteed.

But Topps didn't screw anyone over. Many of the people that paid $75+ or whatever were banking on getting something they could sell for much more so this cuts both ways.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
cgilmo said:
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:

an $80 ticket for a less than 10% chance at it being strasburg, and then the fantastic longshot that was the possibility of it being a strasburg autograph.

Agreed...but when can we get a pack issued Strasburg RC logo card? January? JK

At this point tho, it doesn't matter. The hype is dead. The time to cash in on Topps' part was a few weeks ago. There was no reason to release chrome basically on the day the regular season ends. And it sucks that all of the products that are worth the rip as far as Topps is concearned (and yes, more prospect slanted) come out in November and December....and all of them pretty much back to back to back.

Topps could have made huge buzz at the Natty with a new release product with Stras actually in there.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:
bmc398 said:
cgilmo said:

Agreed...but when can we get a pack issued Strasburg RC logo card? January? JK

At this point tho, it doesn't matter. The hype is dead. The time to cash in on Topps' part was a few weeks ago. There was no reason to release chrome basically on the day the regular season ends. And it sucks that all of the products that are worth the rip as far as Topps is concearned (and yes, more prospect slanted) come out in November and December....and all of them pretty much back to back to back.

Topps could have made huge buzz at the Natty with a new release product with Stras actually in there.

Yeah, the timing this year has certainly seemed less than optimal. I am sure there are reasons for it but to a mere collector like me, it is hard to understand why so many of the releases are at the end of the year or beyond.

Members online

Latest posts