Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pussification of the MLB continues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
R Harden/M Harrison no hitter through 8, 2 more outs

Been a fun game to watch

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
The Rangers playoff run and the arm of a guy with a poor track record are much more important than a no-hitter.

If the pussification of MLB means guys aren't abused and stay healthy, I'm all for it.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
sethyarkony said:
He had 111 pitches.

Thanks - I was too lazy to look myself. So to get a no-hitter, he would have been almost certainly at 140+. Washington would have been crucified for that - and rightly so.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: R Harden/M Harrison no hitter through 7

add oday into the mix and now we are through 8 :D

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Re: R Harden/M Harrison no hitter through 7

Can Feliz finish it off??? What a great waiver claim O'Day has been!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
craftysouthpaw said:
sethyarkony said:
He had 111 pitches.

Thanks - I was too lazy to look myself. So to get a no-hitter, he would have been almost certainly at 140+. Washington would have been crucified for that - and rightly so.

Agreed. No way he was going the distance.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
rbadger said:
Nolan Ryan was probably ::facepalm:: when Washington pulled him!

Wasn't he the one who said that the Rangers pitchers would not have any sort of restrictions as far as pitch counts go?

I think Harden has been on the DL at least 3 times this year. Dude is fragile.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Harden had just been on a rehab assignment. Given that, his injury history and penchant for high pitch counts, it was the right move.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
rbadger said:

Amen! Have any of you ever played sports? Adrenaline takes over when I get hurt in a pickup game let alone a MLB no-hitter. How'd the conservative approach work out for Kevin Slowey? He lost his chance at history and STILL landed on the DL. I'd rather be injured with a no-no than taken out "just in case"... pitch counts are infuriating.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
JEA2880 said:
rbadger said:

Amen! Have any of you ever played sports? Adrenaline takes over when I get hurt in a pickup game let alone a MLB no-hitter. How'd the conservative approach work out for Kevin Slowey? He lost his chance at history and STILL landed on the DL. I'd rather be injured with a no-no than taken out "just in case"... pitch counts are infuriating.
Don't think adrenaline would help a torn tendon or ligament or rotator cuff.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Re: R Harden/M Harrison no hitter through 8, 3 more outs

2 outs to go

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Re: R Harden/M Harrison no hitter through 8, 2 more outs

Im a Twins fan, but I want to see a no hitter, as Ive never watched one in person or seen one televised. Been watching the entire game this evening.

Mauer will hit into a DP