Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pitt Fan Fest autos plus a 1 card mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I got this card on Saturday and scanned it, but didn't get around to uploading it until tonight. Good thing I scanned it on Saturday, because me scanner is acting like an ******* right now.

shadylcmgold.jpg

Tonight was the Pitt Fan Fest at Heinz Field and I usually do pretty well there. They have the players broken up into different groups with each group having 3 positions per group. One of my main targets tonight was Jon Baldwin, so I went to his group first.

Baldwin full size helmet

baldwinFS.jpg

baldwinFScloseup.jpg

Baldwin 8x10 that Magnet touched up for me, keeping him in color and making the background black & white. Craig - you should remember this play last years ND game. :D

baldwin8x10.jpg

baldwin8x10closeup.jpg

My next target was Heisman candidate Dion Lewis.

Mini helmet

Lewismini.jpg

8x10 with a Rutgers player eating a nasty stiff arm. Magnet touch up skills again at work.

lewis8x10.jpg

I wanted to get Greg Romeus, but time was running out and his groups line was still pretty long, but I saw a few players from Baldwin's group walking around signing autos. I was saving a mini helmet for Romeus, but since I didn't get him, I had Dan Mason sign it. Mason went to the same high school I went to and he is a beast, so I figured why not get him.

masonmini.jpg

They give away posters to get signed for people who don't bring anything, so I grabbed one and had the players sign it. It's not the entire team, but it's a good portion of it.

2010pittposter.jpg

Lastly, Magnet made some customs for me to try to get signed for him.

magnetcustom-cruz.jpg

magnetcustom-pecora.jpg

magnetcustom-reed.jpg

Cruz didn't seem impressed by Magnet's handy work, but Pecora and Reed were sitting right next to each other and they loved them. Pecora was first and thought it was really cool and was showing it to Reed saying how it's a football card of himself. I told Reed, "Don't worry, you have one too", and he liked his as well.

All in all it was a fun time and I'm already looking forward to next years Fan Fest.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Great stuff! Looks like you had a good time.

Also, I love the design of the poster.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Wow Tim Sweet haul. That looks like it took some time. You have way more patience then me. Congrats!!!!!!!! All the pieces look fantastic

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Snyper - Thanks, it's the gold patch /25

Wheeler - Thanks man. Time seems to go by fast when I have my wife and brother in law to talk to. when I'm by myself, my patience can wear thin but I deal with it. :lol:

Slette - I can't wait either, but it's going to take some time. I still have to figure out what all I want to do down there before I get started.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Cruz didn't seem impressed by Magnet's handy work, but Pecora and Reed were sitting right next to each other and they loved them. Pecora was first and thought it was really cool and was showing it to Reed saying how it's a football card of himself. I told Reed, "Don't worry, you have one too", and he liked his as well.
Everything looks great. Glad those 8x10s worked for you.

Thanks again for helping me out and getting those customs signed! They're actually the first customs I'll have that are actually signed. I should have expected that from Cruz...he's from McCourt, home of 80% of the area's ********** :p :lol: . It's nice to hear that Reed and Pecora thought they were cool.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:

Thanks again for helping me out and getting those customs signed! They're actually the first customs I'll have that are actually signed. I should have expected that from Cruz...he's from McCourt, home of 80% of the area's ********** :p :lol: . It's nice to hear that Reed and Pecora thought they were cool.
Thanks man. I didn't get the Romeus 8x10 signed but he was 3rd on my list, so it's ok I didn't get him.

I'm not sure what happened to Wayne Jones and Scott Corson, neither of them are on the roster they handed out.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
mstng99tim said:
Card Magnet said:
mstng99tim said:

Thanks man. I didn't get the Romeus 8x10 signed but he was 3rd on my list, so it's ok I didn't get him.

I'm not sure what happened to Wayne Jones and Scott Corson, neither of them are on the roster they handed out.
Well that's odd. They were just on the website like a week or so ago. Oh well, the three you got look great :D .

Members online

Latest posts