Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 UD Icons.. only 1 box.. with scans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I stopped by the card shop and started to open the box when my wife called to see how soon I was going to be home.. (she disabled) and I had just started to open a box of Icons.. I think I did pretty well for 1 box.. these will be headed to EBAY at some point when I get time..

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Helluva hit on the Jimmy Brown, would love to get my hands on that. The Sanders looks really nice also. Is this a new release? I haven't seen or heard anything about it.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Nice hits. I'm not very familiar with this product either - is it a Donruss Classics type set with a heavier focus on retired players?

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Went by one of my local stores tonight to pick up some 07 BDPP Baseball (the break is on the BB boards) and he said he didn't order any because he thought it was crap filled with non-athletes and too many products are doing that now. His opinion was that its just another gimmicky release by UD. That was his opinion. I've seen a lot of breaks on another board and while it is full of gimmicky stuff it seems to be a fun rip at a decent price point. I think I will still get a box or 2 to rip.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
gt2590 said:
Great box! I don't think Brown has many auto cards out there. Congrats!!

I was talking to the owner of the shop I go to with another customer who has been killing Topps Chrome this year. There has never been a Jim Brown Auto pulled in that store and both of us within the last week have hit a Jim Brown Auto.. mine was to /12 and his was to /10..

I had a redemption on my EBAY watch list that sold for $76.. I was busy doing some stuff in the house, or I would have snagged it at that price..

70Chip

Aug 7, 2008
Looking at ebay, 3 are for sale and 2 have sold already. Plus Pinbreakers, thats 6 of the 12 accounted for.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
70Chip said:
Looking at ebay, 3 are for sale and 2 have sold already. Plus Pinbreakers, thats 6 of the 12 accounted for.

When the first redemption went on auction, I was watching it.. I had a small notion of trying to get them all since they are going so cheap ($74, $76) but then these are redemptions and with UD's track record, I decided to not go for it.. :)

Members online

Latest posts