Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is this a super rare error card or a worthless card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Worth-less to me. It is defiinately not worth any more then a regular mini would sell for. Now if it was a Bazooka back then maybe a few dollars more the the regular base mini would sell for. So may move the decimal over to the left 2 spaces
249.99 = actually value 2.49 ;)

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
From the listing :benson:
2010 Allen & Ginter MINI Felipe Lopez - THIS IS A VERY UNIQUE BASEBALL CARD! Despite what some may think, I am NOT out to make a quick buck by selling this card. I personally LOVE the design of this card and I just want others to see it the same way that I do and have a chance to own it! It's obvious how beautiful the card is, but when it comes to rarity, it is in a class of it's own! Others may claim to own one of these 2010 Allen & Ginter Baseball Cards, but is it as nice as mine, probably not! I've posted the definition of the word "Unique" so that you can see the true meaning of my Baseball Card and bid accordingly!

FREE SHIPPING! Goodluck with your bids and Congratulations to the winner of this AMAZING Baseball Card!

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
It's just a card that got stuck in the seal of the pack. The horizontal lines are where the seal was, and the die cut portion above that is from the little frills on the pack above the seal, created when the wrapper is cut from all the others.

I'd say it's worth less than a regular copy (really, it's just a damaged card), although someone that thinks it's cool might throw down a couple extra bucks for it.

Edit: Here's a photo of a pack, where you can see the seal and the die cut.

!B)3Qnqg!Wk~$(KGrHqMOKn!EvyFr)j6dBMPRO+J4Cw~~_3.jpg

Juddy

Aug 22, 2010
Rogersville, MO
LWMM is right. It's just a card that got caught in the fin sealing machine while that end of the pack was getting crimped/sealed. If you open enough packs, eventually you'll find one or two of these cards. No big deal.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
pile-o-poo

I once opened a pack that had a sliver of white card board in it, that was closer to a super rare error card than this severely damaged card.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's funny. I also collect and play Magic, and in that realm, card production is nearly flawless. So much so that cards that are just OC are collected by at least a small group. It varies with the overall playability and rarity of the card, but if you have a popular card versus the same card with some kind of production flaw, the busted one will sell for more, sometimes quite a bit more. Here's one:
scan008.jpg

This is a Japanese language Foil "Arcanis The Omnipotent", and as you can see it's gravely off-center. It sold for $23. I'm not sure what a normal one sells for, probably $8-12. Japanese cards and foil cards are somewhat popular, not only in Japan, but elsewhere where people want to "pimp out" their decks with exotic editions, and the card itself has a niche in the game. But if it was a 5/95 Japanese Foil baseball card, it'd be unlikely to sell for 23 cents.

I do love the line in the topic auction about him "not being out for a quick buck." Like anyone selling a 12th-year Felipe Lopez card for $250 is out for anything else. Cool ebay ID, though.

theblacksuit

Aug 15, 2010
Hi guys, I am the seller of this wonderful card. It's great to be on this awesome site! Might I bring to your attention that besides being an awesomely cut error card of sorts, this Felipe Lopez also has somewhat of a '52 Topps Mantle "Gaze" in his eyes, hey I'm right and you know it. Lol, take it for what it's worth guys, but seriously I really do like my card and I hope that some of you could look at it from a different perspective. Appreciate the time, take care!

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
theblacksuit said:
Hi guys, I am the seller of this wonderful card. It's great to be on this awesome site! Might I bring to your attention that besides being an awesomely cut error card of sorts, this Felipe Lopez also has somewhat of a '52 Topps Mantle "Gaze" in his eyes, hey I'm right and you know it. Lol, take it for what it's worth guys, but seriously I really do like my card and I hope that some of you could look at it from a different perspective. Appreciate the time, take care!

I bet the auction has a lot more hits after this thread

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
theblacksuit said:

I've got a couple of junk commons I would be willing to go pinch a loaf on to make them unique, as I'm sure no collector has ever soiled on one of their baseball cards before. Would you be interested in purchasing them?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Here is mine. Much cooler.

reynolds.jpg

The pack doesnt seal all the way when a card is between it.

I pulled this piece and went back a week later to the same store and pulled the other half from a pack that was also not seeled 100% at the top.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
A player collector would pay like $20 for this max. NObody is going to pay $250 for it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
theblacksuit said:

Wow... this guy CAN'T be serious...

What was unique about these, was someone in the break forum pulled 2/3rds of one, and went back to walmart and pulled the other 1/3 and put it together like a puzzle. A player collector MIGHT want this, seeing as how common the errors are, but he is not going to pay a premium since there is no market for them.

$250 is the most ridiculous price on ebay

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
vwnut13 said:

reynolds.jpg

I pulled this piece and went back a week later to the same store and pulled the other half from a pack that was also not seeled 100% at the top.

Now THAT is a unique card!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
vwnut13 said:

reynolds.jpg

Wow! That may be one of the coolest things ever! If it were a Gwynn, while I wouldn't pay $250, I would pay a few extra bucks for THAT one!!
Great story, too! Love it!!

Members online

Latest posts