Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Accusations from fellow FCBer. Need help and opinions. THX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
I recently sold a fellow collector on FCB, (3) Jesus Montero Autograph Bowman Chrome RC's, and (1) Blue Refractor Jesus Montero Autograph Bowman Chrome RC. Buyer pays through Paypal, I send out the same day, he receives the cards and now is accusing me of trimming the blue refractor.

This is where I get upset.....

All of these cards were Topps Redemptions with me being the only owner as these were redeemed and went into my personal collection until last week. I have proof of the cards and redemptions that were directly from Topps. Is the buyer wanting out because the Blue refractor is not 50/50 centing, more like 40/60, but yet he wants to keep the regular bowman chrome autographs which are dead center front and back and possible 9.5 and/or 10's.

CCF08182010_00000.jpg

Any opinions would be great. Thank you.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
If this is a case of buyers remorse, why would you refund? What proof does he have that the card was trimmed? Did you make any claims on condition?

This is becoming a trend on here with RAW cards and I'd like to know the details.

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
sounds like a case of buyers remorse. dont issue a refund as he should of asked for better scans before he bought it.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Did he want you to include money to get the cards graded for free also? Did he get scans?
If a buyer is anal about condition he should of asked for scans.

Kevin

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
how soon before the 48 hours mystery episode shows up where
one collector murders another over a dispute about condition, or fakes,
or trimming. it is just getting all so silly.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Scans were provided then taken down after the sale. So yes. I will post the scans on this thread. And I forgot it was for 3 regulars and 1 blue refractor.

CCF08182010_00000.jpg

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
Exactly how it went down. I have no reason to play games, I don't have time for that, I only have time for being in this insane hobby.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
cgilmo said:
if a card is visibly off center, it probably wasn't trimmed

if what you say is how it went down, then the buyer needs to own up keep the card.

Agreed. I've had quite a few folks send me PM's talking about how they want their money back because the card is not gradable and my answer is always that you bought a raw card. The only exception is if the seller states the condition.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
It would be nice to hear the other side of this delima before judgment is thrown about. I know you say it was not trimmed, but at this point it's just your word against his. Not saying your lying, but it's not impossible because you say so. Hopefully the member will come here and share his point of view, and contribute to the discussion. I'd like to hear his side of things to see if it is indeed a valid claim, or just buyers remorse. If it's just buyers remorse and no validity can be shown to support his claim(s), then a refund would no be made by me. However, if his claim(s) do have validity(meaning he can actually show reasonable proof that the card was trimmed) then he should be refunded and the card returned.

And again, I know your going to chime in and state you, and you alone, have had the card and did not trim it. I understand your side, but it just can not be taken as absolute proof. I would like to hear the other side first, see if any validity to his claim exists.

LazerShow15

Apr 2, 2009
Wisconsin
matfanofold said:
It would be nice to hear the other side of this delima before judgment is thrown about. I know you say it was not trimmed, but at this point it's just your word against his. Not saying your lying, but it's not impossible because you say so. Hopefully the meeber will come here and share his point of view, and contribute to the discussion. I'd like to hear his side of things to see if it is indeed a valid claim, or just buyers remorse. If it's just buyers remorse and no validity can be shown to support his claim(s), then a refund would no be made by me. However, if his claim(s) do have validity(meaning he can actually show reasonable proof that the card was trimmed) then he should be refunded and the card returned.

And again, I know your going to chime in and state you, and you alone, have had the card and did not trim it. I understand your side, but it just can not be taken as absolute proof. I would like to hear the other side first, see if any validity to his claim exists.

Oh I completely understand, but of course I want him to state his side of the issue because it will show that it is not valid. I have a call into Topps already on this issue. Like others have said, why would anyone trim a bowman chrome card of this value. Secondly when it is off center already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online