Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AL ROY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
cgilmo said:
Austin Jackson has been the most impressive rookie player that I have seen in the AL

that doesn't mean he will win it

Agreed. One of the reasons I think he won't is the fact Boesch is on the same team. That's going to hurt both of them.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
My mind says Austin Jackson while my heart says Neftali Feliz. Even though he has a ridiculous BABIP, Jackson has somehow maintained it all year while playing decent defense in CF. Feliz has been very good but unless a closer is just completely lights out, an everyday centerfielder is worth more. I think they are both fighting for runner-up if Carlos Santana doesn't go down.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Jackson signed TTM and Feliz didn't. My vote would go to Jackson so I'd already have the ROY auto.
DANNY

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
SamHell said:
My mind says Austin Jackson while my heart says Neftali Feliz. Even though he has a ridiculous BABIP, Jackson has somehow maintained it all year while playing decent defense in CF. Feliz has been very good but unless a closer is just completely lights out, an everyday centerfielder is worth more. I think they are both fighting for runner-up if Carlos Santana doesn't go down.

you should change decent defense in CF to OUTSTANDING defense in cf

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
KOBEARODLT said:
SamHell said:

Why would I want to do that? He's in the middle of the pack in CF defensive metrics.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
SamHell said:
KOBEARODLT said:
SamHell said:

Why would I want to do that? He's in the middle of the pack in CF defensive metrics.

really? I guess you havent seen many of his games, im not saying he deserves roy, but saying his defense has been anything but incredible is laughable.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
KOBEARODLT said:
SamHell said:
KOBEARODLT said:
SamHell said:

really? I guess you havent seen many of his games, im not saying he deserves roy, but saying his defense has been anything but incredible is laughable.

I've seen a few of his games and I've seen him make some nice plays. I find it laughable that you believe that watching even several of games is more valuable in judging defense than a company that measures every ball hit to every CF, every throw that a CF makes and makes an analytical assessment of a fielder's worth.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
leatherman said:
bradical said:
leatherman said:
Care to guess which AL rookie has the highest WAR?

Brian Matusz

In just 150 ABs....Carlos Santana, with a WAR of 2.1.

I like the WAR stat, but it does factor in that most catchers just suck. So his replacement is likely to be a lot worse than other positions. Boosting his WAR more than other guys.

Which I guess just shows how much better he is than other guys at his position. However, it's harder to judge across positions with WAR.

Latest posts