Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Revis close to signing!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The Jets shouldn't cave, at all. Let's hear Revis' view point when there's a hold-out next year. The Jets don't seem to understand that they have all the leverage in this situation. Revis is a great player, arguably the best player, but he's still a corner-back. You can acquire a top-10 CB for a first rounder.

I'd tell Revis to hold out the entire year, we're not budging.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I wouldn't say that the Jets have all the cards.

1. The team really really really believes it can win a SB this year. The owner, NY Media and fans putting alot of pressure on the GM and coach this year. Not having Revis makes it much harder for everybody. Not signing Revis and not winning a SB would cause fan and media outrage to a level at which we are not yet familiar.

2. The team is on hard knocks on HBO so everything is getting magnified even more.

3. Rex Ryan is dying to get him back, just dying. You can see it when watching Hard Knocks and by what he says in the media. I am sure he is putting just as much pressure on the GM to get it done as the owner is.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
morgoth said:
I wouldn't say that the Jets have all the cards.

1. The team really really really believes it can win a SB this year. The owner, NY Media and fans putting alot of pressure on the GM and coach this year. Not having Revis makes it much harder for everybody. Not signing Revis and not winning a SB would cause fan and media outrage to a level at which we are not yet familiar.

2. The team is on hard knocks on HBO so everything is getting magnified even more.

3. Rex Ryan is dying to get him back, just dying. You can see it when watching Hard Knocks and by what he says in the media. I am sure he is putting just as much pressure on the GM to get it done as the owner is.

Yeah, Rex loves Revis and I think he knows that without him their Defense is not nearly as good. I do believe that holding out into the season is a risky move for both the Jets and Revis. If the Jets defense shuts down their opponent in the first two weeks of the season the leverage goes to the Jets and the same for Revis if the Jets defense stinks it up and the QB throws for 400 plus yards.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
detox said:
a CB does not make a SB contender. Just sayin.

Right, because a Super Bowl was never won or lost based on the play of just one good player. They're always blowouts!

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
JimmyD said:
Vikings?? with that core of receivers... Favre is gonna take so many hits, he will retire yet again!!!

and then he will come back week 3 of the preseason next year...and every year after that until....I'm sorry but until someone knocks him out for good.

I love watching Favre, I hate all the bs media hype every year but one thing I would put money on:

Brett Favre will not retire until he is carted off the field and unable to throw the ball.

Members online

Latest posts