Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Digging through my card piles tonight.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
and I ran across a 2010 Elite Ryan Mathews on card autographed card. Its the rookie themed NFL teams set. Its unnumbered but according to Beckett, its a pretty decent pull. Any thoughts on Matthews at all? Is it a decent hold card? I haven't heard much of him but I did see in the latest Beckett that he moved up to 3 on the Hot sheet for 2010 rookies behind Tebow and Bradford.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
blanning71 said:
and I ran across a 2010 Elite Ryan Mathews on card autographed card. Its the rookie themed NFL teams set. Its unnumbered but according to Beckett, its a pretty decent pull. Any thoughts on Matthews at all? Is it a decent hold card? I haven't heard much of him but I did see in the latest Beckett that he moved up to 3 on the Hot sheet for 2010 rookies behind Tebow and Bradford.
He's alright, nothing too big. Sell it to me!!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
He has moved up to a first round pick in my fantasy draft, so, yes, I think it's a great keeper card! No passing game and a great offensive line means he will )should!) have a great season!!!

JimmyD

Jun 30, 2010
Surrey, BC, Canada Eh!
Wait until they start playing games, Tim "Friar Tuck" Tebow will be riding the pine, Bradford will be getting sacked every third play and Mathews will be a stud!

The other offensive rookies to really watch are:

Javid Best
CJ Spiller
Dez Bryant
Mike Williams

This was a good rookie crop, so others may earn starting spots as well.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
This was from a box that I opened at the National. There's not much flair or pop to the card.....(I will do what I can to get a picture up) and I just passed it off as a no name until I started listening to some of the football banter. I'm interested to see what he does now. I love the fact that its an on card auto too.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
masonphillip said:
Check it out blan...

[phil:r7cznh7w]130423507295[/phil:r7cznh7w]

After the thread got posted, I did some digging and was kinda suprised at how these were selling. I just don't know much about the guy or his perceived hobby impact that he's gonna have.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Mathews has never had an injury free football season. Its a big gamble for the bolts but should see returns pretty quickly provided he stays healthy.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah that's a real nice hit. He may not sell as high as some of the QB's (no surprise there), but he's predicted to be the rookie of the year by just about every commentator/publication.

I admit personally I was a bit skeptical having not seen him play much in college, but pre-season to this point has done nothing but reinforce all those projections. 21 car. 103 yds. thus far.

Members online