Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

THoughts on Longevity of 2010 Topps Base

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Now that UD is gone and Panini seems to be luke-warm, do you feel that 2010 Topps FB will have "more legs" then it normally does every year?

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I don't think they were ever shorted. Topps always has been one of the main sets everyone collects. With some of the higher end sets gone this year maybe people will go back to some of these

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
I don't think so. Standard Topps will continue to fill the niche it has for years. Honestly I don't see the lower end landscape changing all that much.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Topps added more content than usual this year, especially with adding another on card rookie set, the gridiron giveaway, and the sketch cards.

I would expect the boxes to have "more legs" than usual, but the base should stay around where it always has been. Football sits in between Baseball and Basketball on the scale of what people collect, with Baseball being a lot of low end and basketball being relatively focused on high end collectors.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
mstng99tim said:
Why do people keep on saying that UD is gone, they are not gone.

Probably are a lot of collectors like myself, that have 0% interest in adding NCAA cards to their NFL PC.
I'll think of buying UD boxes and packs if the value is there, but I won't be purchasing any UD singles for my Dolphins PC.

That and the fact they've taken pre-orders on 3 products thus far......one was canceled, one disappeared with no explanation and the other has been delayed over and over again.
Add that to the lawsuits, layoffs and everything else going on in Carlsbad, and it doesn't really inspire confidence.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
rymflaherty said:
mstng99tim said:
Why do people keep on saying that UD is gone, they are not gone.

Probably are a lot of collectors like myself, that have 0% interest in adding NCAA cards to their NFL PC.
I'll think of buying UD boxes and packs if the value is there, but I won't be purchasing any UD singles for my Dolphins PC.
this

Members online