Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A little skeptical. Should I be??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
I don't buy much in the way of older Fleer wax but when reviewing the checklist of 2004 Fleer Greats, I decided to buy a box.
When I received my box yesterday, the first thing that I noticed was the shrink wrap. It looked like someone had done it at home because there were "holes" where it looks like the heat gun was kept in one place too long. My immediate thought was that it was resealed. I didn't open it and emailed the seller asking him if he thought this was a factory sealed box. In the auction, all it states is that it's "sealed". Anyway, in the course of the email, I told him that I wasn't satisfied and that I was send the box back and would like a refund. I haven't heard back yet. His/Her auction states that they have a 7 day money back return policy from the date that receive it and that I am responsible for the return shipping costs. I am sending back with DC today.
Do you think I am justified in doing so?

The Box I received:
My Box

Factory sealed box:
Factory sealed box

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Very justified Keith. Definitely resealed. Had the same thing happen way back with some ult sig tins.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
First off why would you buy a fleer product now knowing redemptions are a dead end and second why didn't you see this before you bought the item? The pic that guy has is clear
as day.

Kevin

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Actually Kevin, Series 1 has minimal redemptions, if any. Series 2 is loaded with them.
This is a Series 1 box.

At the time of the auction, this was the only box that I could find so I had no other point of reference.

schmidtfan20 said:
First off why would you buy a fleer product now knowing redemptions are a dead end and second why didn't you see this before you bought the item? The pic that guy has is clear
as day.

Kevin

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Hindsight is 20 20. It's also always easy to tell someone what they should have done after the problem arises. Good catch on the reseal. At least you got it before you opened it and really got hosed.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
A_Pharis said:
No Fleer logos = no good.

You did the right thing.

DING DING DING..WE have a winner..Pharis is right on...and be sure when you send it back you get some sort of proof, like using a DC number and/or use the signature thing the post office has..It might cost a few extra bucks, but use something to protect yourself so you can show Paypal if need be..just my .02!!

d

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
WoundedDuck said:
Hindsight is 20 20. It's also always easy to tell someone what they should have done after the problem arises. Good catch on the reseal. At least you got it before you opened it and really got hosed.

there is no hindsight here, if you buying older wax boxes, expecially ones with packs
that are easily searchable, you have to check the wrap. After 02 ALL the major companies
had logos on their wrap.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Send the box back to the seller using signature confirmation. As soon as it is delivered,(check the tracking info) file a claim with PayPal. You will have your refund in days.

Sellers that try to get way with this garbage don't needed to be negotiated with.

Latest posts