Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Blacks Collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Is anyone trying to put together any of the Topps Black sets from 2003-2006, or 2008-2010? Or the Topps Copper set from 2008?

Or does anyone know someone who is working on these?

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Jastermereel said:
The only Topps Black card that I have is a 2004 Omar Vizquel that I use as a soda coaster.

Stay right there, don't go anywhere. I'm jumping in my car for a road trip.

Thanked, by the way.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
uniquebaseballcards said:
The copper is from '07, yes there are several people trying to finish off those sets.

Whoops, doing this off the top of my head. Thanks for the correction.

Anyone in particular worth reaching out to? I'd confine it to PM...

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes but I'm thinking they're not going to appreciate someone contacting them.

Almost certainly your card will eventually come along, although I'd guess there was more hoarding of the earlier issues.

VizquelCollector said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
The copper is from '07, yes there are several people trying to finish off those sets.

Whoops, doing this off the top of my head. Thanks for the correction.

Anyone in particular worth reaching out to? I'd confine it to PM...

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i just go for the miggys, but have been outbid on every one in the 2 years of collecting, as i always bid around 10 and they would go for 12-20

about a month and a half ago however i finally won my first one, a 2010 one, for 5 something dlvd, the cheapest i have ever seen one go for, i was quite happy. they are very nice cards

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I need all the Canseco versions.. and the Heritage chrome from 01 as well.. set collectors drive these things crazy everytime they come up for bid.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
1st4040 said:
...set collectors drive these things crazy everytime they come up for bid.

I have had great luck over the last few years with these, most were in the $5 to $10 range. I'm hoping to find someone I can trade 5 of them to for just the one I need...

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Bump...

Still looking to trade a bunch of Topps Black parallels for the 2004 Topps Black #143 of Vizquel.

Or I'm willing to pay up to $75.

Someone here has gotta be collecting these, right? Isn't ANYONE willing to make this lopsided trade with me?

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
hofmichael said:
Have you tried a fake Ebay auction with an outrageous price?A lot of people use them to drum up cards they are looking for.

So you sell something legitimate for an outrageous price to attract attention, and mention what you're looking for in the description?

Have you or anyone else here done this with any success? What happens if you're reported? I'm guessing they drop your auction, keep the listing fees, and slap your wrist?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
VizquelCollector said:
hofmichael said:
Have you tried a fake Ebay auction with an outrageous price?A lot of people use them to drum up cards they are looking for.

So you sell something legitimate for an outrageous price to attract attention, and mention what you're looking for in the description?

Have you or anyone else here done this with any success? What happens if you're reported? I'm guessing they drop your auction, keep the listing fees, and slap your wrist?

I've come across auctions where a guy has some Andruw cards for a 20K BIN and in the description he had listed some of his top wants and prices he was willing to pay. I don't know if it worked or not but I don't see anything wrong with doing a listing this way, as long as you'd give up the legitimate item should said BIN get hit.

Latest posts