Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Colt McCoy to be cut???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Article up on Yahoo states they are more impressed with Seneca Wallace????? Wow that would be a kick in the nuts for collectors as he would be included in almost every major rookie subset out there this year.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
The article actually quotes a local Cleveland paper The Plains Dealer written by the beat writter there stating that he is on the bubble.

Maybe its a motivational tool, who knows. I just would hate to pull my 1 per case hit and it be McCoy right now.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, that same article also states that the other QB (Ratliff) is also "on the bubble". I doubt they'll cut 2 QB's, leaving only Willy Wonka and Seneca Wallace as the QB's.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
It looks like it will be Delhomme this season as the starter, yeah Brownies.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Heard some Clev. reporter today talking about it.
From what he said, McCoy has been awful and by all accounts should be cut......but because of his name and the fact they used a 3rd rd. pick on him, they'll likely keep him as the 3rd over Ratliff.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
It seems it won't start this year as Delhomme is the starter and McCoy is #3 but things can change very fast. Actually I think Quinn was a #3 as well in his first year.

Man, Quinn what can you say but no chance at all this year huh?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I thought Colt McCoy was a RB for the Eagles... :?

Even during the draft, I think it was a given that Delhomme would be the starter. They're going to groom Colt McCoy, and not throw him in the mix. Throwing some rookies in immediately can ruin the guy for a career. I think they're going to build a future for this guy by letting him sit behind a veteran and learn the system. This isn't the same Browns that let Brady Quinn hang around and screw with his head. They will not cut McCoy.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
I heard the Broncos really like what they are seeing in Kyle Orton right now an will be the starter. Oh No Tim Tebow might be cut because Orton is :lol: "finna" :lol: be the starter so why have backups on your team an develop players.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I'm not sure when Colt McCoy became a sure thing at QB. The guy's a winner but Cleveland better implement the westest coast offense ever if they care to compete with Colt McCoy. I didn't like Vick in the west-coast as his athletic ability threw off most of the timing routes, but he had a cannon and could get the ball where it needed to be when the play broke down. McCoy's lacks the arm to make big plays when he puts his athleticism to use...

Chad Pennington made a career out of it, so I'm sure McCoy can too, but his prices are (were?) absolutely insane.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Vikes have traded Sage Rosenfels for Colt McCoy. Read it in the Cleveland Plain Dealer about an hour ago ...

Latest posts